News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

HAF Cutlery

Started by Magdalena, February 07, 2016, 04:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

How about one of these?

Breaking Davin!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on February 10, 2016, 08:45:12 PM

I can't think of one or even a few things thing that represents me the most.

...maybe a pie spatula with a raven and a Cthulhu. Or maybe I'll just make one that I think is cool.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bad Penny

Quote from: Davin on February 10, 2016, 03:33:44 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on February 09, 2016, 09:18:38 PM
Davin, do you have one? Have you ever had one?
I never did, I don't think he liked me very much.

Well he is/was a misanthrope after all, not liking is what they do.
I've been looking through his stuff and I don't see much to indicate he particularly disliked you.
Do you know a Git person, he didn't seem to like him at all, so many plans,plans upon plans, an insidious disruption of a property settlement is the most recent.
Buddy, maybe Buddy is a car, anyway there's diagrams with catapults and deers and bang! pow! biff!

There's lots of stuff on the shelves here, a bit dusty, nobody seemed to want them.

bacon

pork

I think that's a tree of knowledge reference

For the atheist connoisseur

Jesus was a mushroom, or so Pudding believed.

This seems newish

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

I think I'll take this one.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Recusant

Looking for threads that used to be stickied in this board, and this one caught my eye. Here's a link to the other thread on the same topic, in the interest of historical continuity.   :studious:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

Quote from: Recusant on May 26, 2016, 06:04:02 AM
Looking for threads that used to be stickied in this board, and this one caught my eye. Here's a link to the other thread on the same topic, in the interest of historical continuity.   :studious:

I didn't know this:  :snicker:
Quote from: Amicale on April 12, 2012, 06:01:58 AM
Spoons - because we stir up shit  ;D
Knives - because we cut through bad arguments.
Forks - because we eat up the camaraderie here.
Corkscrews - because we like winers, but not whiners.

See? It works!

Essie Mae

I never had any cutlery to my knowledge. Maybe y'all think I use my fingers.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Recusant

Our silversmith hasn't been around in some time, in any of his guises. A bit worrying, but such is the nature of internet message boards. You certainly qualify for a piece if you'd like. If none of those you can find in this thread seems fit, I could try to stand in for him in creating one, but don't expect I'd be able to match the quality he produced.  :sad sigh:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Essie Mae

Well I like giraffes and owls and spoons, but if the silversmith is a bit busy, the tree of knowledge fork with apple would be most acceptable. 😄
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Recusant

OK, here's a rough and ready stand-in spoon. The resolution isn't great, and maybe you can pick a better owl (doesn't matter what size, I can work with whatever you choose) but it's something for now. If this one is OK I can help you add it to your signature if you'd like, and we can hope that the real silversmith shows up again to produce an original at some point.

— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

This is a wonderful idea, Recusant, thank you for taking the time to do this for us.  :hug:

I have a request:
QuoteSpoons - because we stir up shit  ;D
Knives - because we cut through bad arguments.
Forks - because we eat up the camaraderie here.
Corkscrews - because we like winers, but not whiners.

Could you please create a few corkscrews? I'm sure people who prefer corkscrews would also like to select from a variety of corkscrew designs.
What do you think?  :eyebrow:

Magdalena

Recusant

Quote from: Magdalena on August 06, 2017, 01:28:22 AMCould you please create a few corkscrews? I'm sure people who prefer corkscrews would also like to select from a variety of corkscrew designs.
What do you think?  :eyebrow:

That's an interesting thought, and yes, I'd be willing to try it at some point. I may have some time on my hands later this month. Feel free to remind me if nothing has appeared by September.  :)
— H. L. Mencken

Arturo

I am thinking between a corkscrew and a fork. (I don't know if I'm at the appropriate amount of posts yet but I thought I would throw my ideas in)

So I came up with a great idea, if some are willing to go along with it. (Or maybe my ego just went to my head) What do you guys think represents me more: the fork or the corkscrew?

I suppose I don't know what accessory would represent me most either but I'll leave the cutlery to you guys.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱