Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 19, 2016, 12:56:28 PM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 19, 2016, 02:05:27 AM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 19, 2016, 01:49:59 AM
Quote from: Firebird on March 19, 2016, 12:10:39 AM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 18, 2016, 09:54:03 PM
It's doing everything today. It's been warm, cold, sunny, snowing, raining, windy, calm, and I think I hit some hail at one point too.

Tis spring in N
ew England.

Indeed. And we're getting a fucking snowstorm on Sunday.

We won't.

I wish, though. This time last year I was still running on a foot of snow with a solid 3 more weeks ahead of us.

Are you sure about that PC, as there's a Nor'easter heading your way?

Yes. Media hype. IF we get anything, it'll be an inch or so of slushy slop that will be gone within 24 hours.

How's about a friendly wager...I'm betting you get more than 4"s?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Pasta Chick

Firebird

Keep in mind that PC's farther west, so they won't get as much as Greater Boston. She may have to wager extra  :)
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 19, 2016, 03:52:08 PM
What are we betting?

Winner gets to choose the loosers avatar for a week?

Pasta Chick

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 19, 2016, 06:37:48 PM
I'm in.
Okay it's a bet. Less than 4 inches you win, more than 4 inches I win.

May the best atheist win!!!

I'm going to be at a Catholic church this evening for an open mic. so maybe I'll light a candle, and say a novena just to hedge my chances a bit

Pasta Chick

I'm going to take my sled back out and get really excited about the prospect of losing this bet, causing me to jinx myself and win.

Magdalena

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 19, 2016, 07:22:59 PM
I'm going to be at a Catholic church this evening for an open mic. so maybe I'll light a candle, and say a novena just to hedge my chances a bit
Hay, Bruno de la Pole.... :smileshake:
...You have to pray to San Judas Tadeo.
Para causas imposibles, sin esperanza, y perdidas.  :grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tom62

Quote from: Magdalena on March 20, 2016, 01:26:45 AM

Here is a great link where they can help you to win your bet.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Biggus Dickus

Gracias Magdalita. 8)

Quote from: Tom62 on March 20, 2016, 07:38:11 AM

Here is a great link where they can help you to win your bet.

Gracias Tomas62

Wow, team Bruno is growing, not only due I have St Judas on my side, but Maggie and Tomas!

I'll need everyone's suggestions for PC's avatar when I win!

Harmonie

It's pretty nice. Almost hit freezing overnight. Everyone flipped out. It's a bit silly. As far as I'm concerned, freezes should be pretty normal up to a certain point in April. But where I live, it could hardly hit freezing overnight during the winter. *rolls eyes*

Lol. My parents were like "We've got to cover the plants! We've got to turn the heater on because the pipes might burst!" and I'm just sitting there like "Um... It's not even supposed to hit the freezing mark, and even if it did, it would only be for a very short amount of time, right before the sun comes up and warms it all up." I don't think the pipes would burst if it hit 32 degrees for (maybe) an hour without the heater on. Seriously. They just wanted to turn the heater back on so they wouldn't be cold. Might as well admit it.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Pasta Chick

It has actually cooled down, but not below freezing. Forecast on my weather app is 40-50% chance of snow.

Pasta Chick

I would like to update that the time of our first predicted snow squalls has come and gone with nary a flake.

xSilverPhinx

Speaking of predictions, there's supposed to be a rainstorm today, with lightning and all, but there's no sign of it yet. These weather forecasters should get a new crystal ball.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey