News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Entertaining reads?

Started by afreethinker30, June 19, 2008, 07:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: "leftyguitarjoe"and what song is your signature from? I've heard it on the radio. I'm a die hard Metallica fan..... well, the first 4 albums anyway :cool:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

afreethinker30

Quote from: "MikeyV"I just want to make sure you are aware that landover baptist is a parody site. The authors are atheist...

Yeah I know found it off disbeliefnet.com but I wish I could say that the "tools" weren't real.Alot of crap I've read on church sites offers info and tips on how to prevent your child from becoming homosexual.A few even offer treatment in forms of brainwashing camps and such.

Loffler

I'm a little confused about the nature of Happy Atheist Forum. How new are you guys to atheism that you've never heard of Landover Baptist?

McQ

Quote from: "Loffler"I'm a little confused about the nature of Happy Atheist Forum. How new are you guys to atheism that you've never heard of Landover Baptist?

Painting with a broad brush there, Loffler. Don't assume too much. Many of us know Landover very well. What makes you think otherwise that you'd make such a blanket statement?
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Loffler

Quote from: "McQ"
Quote from: "Loffler"I'm a little confused about the nature of Happy Atheist Forum. How new are you guys to atheism that you've never heard of Landover Baptist?

Painting with a broad brush there, Loffler. Don't assume too much. Many of us know Landover very well. What makes you think otherwise that you'd make such a blanket statement?

The fact that it took a week and 11 posts before someone pointed out that the site isn't serious, despite angry reactions on the thread almost immediately. Were the other posters just waiting for the confused posters to figure it out on their own?

McQ

Quote from: "Loffler"

The fact that it took a week and 11 posts before someone pointed out that the site isn't serious, despite angry reactions on the thread almost immediately. Were the other posters just waiting for the confused posters to figure it out on their own?

The initial poster knows it's a joke. Perhaps two posters did not, or did not treat it as such. Everyone else was well aware. And threads often veer off in many directions once started. So no need to paint the forum with a broad brush. We're actually quite intelligent.  ;)
--Penn Jillette

Loffler

Quote from: "Loffler"
Quote from: "McQ"Painting with a broad brush there, Loffler. Don't assume too much. Many of us know Landover very well. What makes you think otherwise that you'd make such a blanket statement?

The initial poster knows it's a joke. Perhaps two posters did not, or did not treat it as such. Everyone else was well aware. And threads often veer off in many directions once started. So no need to paint the forum with a broad brush. We're actually quite intelligent.  ;)

The forum title alone earns you the benefit of the doubt.

afreethinker30

It's my fault I should have put that on there.I figured with the title of the post,crap sorry everyone.But I have seen alot of the same rules to prevent homosexual children.Ankle thing was on a couple.

McQ

Quote from: "Loffler"The forum title alone earns you the benefit of the doubt.

That's strange. I replied to this and checked the reply for accuracy, and it was ok. Then I come back in hours later and the whole post is gone. Weird. Anyway, what I said in response is, "Stick around and get to know us. It's a good bunch here."
--Penn Jillette

afreethinker30

Quote from: "Loffler"The forum title alone earns you the benefit of the doubt.

That's strange. I replied to this and checked the reply for accuracy, and it was ok. Then I come back in hours later and the whole post is gone. Weird. Anyway, what I said in response is, "Stick around and get to know us. It's a good bunch here."

I had that problem on something I posted to.Yes everyone here is a good group.Alot of nice,fun and intelligent people.