News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Music Theory Brain Trust

Started by Infraclear, September 02, 2011, 03:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infraclear

This year in High School, I am taking a Music Theory class. I know that there must be a good handful of musicians on the forum who know a thing or two, and who would be willing to help me out on some home work or something similar, if it comes up.

If you think you would want to be in a "pool" of people I could direct questions to, I would appreciate a reply to this topic and a friend request.

Thank you in advance :)

Melmoth

Depends what level you're at, I guess, but if it's only high school I should be able to help you.

You can direct questions to me via PM on condition that you participate in the forum. If the only reason you're here is to harvest free music tuition then you're on your own.
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

Infraclear

Quote from: Melmoth on September 02, 2011, 03:50:13 AM
Depends what level you're at, I guess, but if it's only high school I should be able to help you.

You can direct questions to me via PM on condition that you participate in the forum. If the only reason you're here is to harvest free music tuition then you're on your own.
Absolutely, I just didn't see a topic that interested me much, and thought that I could meet one or two like-minded musicians with a post of my own.

Thanks for offering your help too; we just started on minor scales and triads, so anyone could probably help me if I get stuck on something.

Melmoth

"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Infraclear on September 02, 2011, 09:25:31 PM
we just started on minor scales and triads,

Minor scales are fish scales that lay below a fish's Plimsoll line.
It is common for examiners to try to fool novices with such questions, but don't be fooled, it's a red herring.

Triads are wicked opium smoking Chinese quasi musicians who seek to undermine honest square shape music with insidious triangular composition.

If you need any more tips, I'm usually about.

fyv0h

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on September 03, 2011, 02:42:23 PM
Quote from: Infraclear on September 02, 2011, 09:25:31 PM
we just started on minor scales and triads,

Minor scales are fish scales that lay below a fish's Plimsoll line.
It is common for examiners to try to fool novices with such questions, but don't be fooled, it's a red herring.

Triads are wicked opium smoking Chinese quasi musicians who seek to undermine honest square shape music with insidious triangular composition.

If you need any more tips, I'm usually about.

LOL

Jesus freaks out in the street. Handing tickets out for God.
Turning back, she just laughs. The boulevard is not that bad.  ~Elton John

لا إله

WWSDJD - What Would Sammy Davis Jr Do?

Will

I'd also be happy to volunteer to help out, so long as we're not doing your homework for you.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.