News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Greetens Y'all

Started by God Feaster 2000, June 22, 2006, 11:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jassman

Quote from: "Court"Ah, I love Latin. It's awesome.
My username is really boring. My name is Courtney. People call me Court. Yup, that's it. :D

Hey, who needs a cool username?

Jassman is just my last name. That's it. No cool latin or anything else. Oh yeah, and it's pronounced "Jazzman"...
[size=75]"You ever notice how people who believe in creationism look really unevolved?" -Bill Hicks[/size]

[size=75]I'm drowning in the fear of gods. The more I see the less I want. I was not raised

Amor Fati

Quote from: "onlyme"hey, y'all, I know this might not be the correct forum for this kind of question, but I was wondering....

what do all these usernames mean?

for example, laetueatheus, what does it mean, if anything?

and amor fati...what does it mean?

I realise you don't have to tell me if you don't want.  I was just wondering, that's all.

and mommasquid, are you related to 'squid'?

all of you, if you would, explain the meaning of your usernames, and why you chose them

if you want to, that is.

otherwise, tell me to shut up and mind my own business

Amor fati comes from Nietzsche, who used the concept to help parse out an ethics and life philosophy after the death of god realization.  Anyways, it's a long explanation, so here.

Edit: welcome to the forum.

Court

Quote from: "Jassman"
Quote from: "Court"Ah, I love Latin. It's awesome.
My username is really boring. My name is Courtney. People call me Court. Yup, that's it. :D

Hey, who needs a cool username?

Jassman is just my last name. That's it. No cool latin or anything else. Oh yeah, and it's pronounced "Jazzman"...

Yay for boring usernames!
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Squid

Quote from: "MommaSquid"My late son's knickname was Squid, thus I am MommaSquid.  

I am not related to the Squid who posts here and on other atheist forums.

I can verify this - my mother lives nowhere near Arizona.  Although I have an  ex-girlfriend there that wanted me to call her my hot "momma" once.

Asmodean Prime

for myself, my username comes from 2 different sources

the first is a comedy character played by a tv comedian by the name of Harry Enfield (you'd have to watch it to understand)

also, it really is only me.  that is, i don't expect too much in the way of agreement with my points, or that I will impact your lives in many big ways with what I say, but here's hoping.

By the way, I must admit that I am truly impressed with the level of discussion on this forum, by that I mean the cleverness of your answers and the high literacy level shown on this forum, even by the younger members.

Impressed, very impressed

Squid

So how did Squid come up with that username?  Well, he'll tell ya.

*switches out of third person*

Long ago when I started my trek across the internet community I joined a messageboard, some may know it, the Atheist Network.  I needed to pick a username.  I wanted something I could use for a while and not say later, "wow that was a really stupid choice".  So I opted for a combination of two things - Metal Gear and the Navy.

In the Metal Gear games the main character is Solid Snake.  A nickname for sailors is squid (I suppose it replaced the timeworn 'swabby').  I put the two together and came up with Solidsquid.  Over time people have shortened it to just Squid.  You can find me on other messageboards as Solidsquid and on some as Squid, like this one.