News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Covid Vaccine

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, December 31, 2020, 01:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Me too, my first shot of Moderna caused no distress at all.  The second one did cause some mild distress.  Flu like symtoms that lasted only a day or so.

billy rubin

it took me most of the day to realuze that i was having a reaction. im creaky anyway so i thought the joint  pain and fatigue was just more of the usual.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Both jabs done and dusted. Got Pfizer so now have the Apple connectivity and 5G.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

So, does it look like the UK will completely open on June 21?  I hope so, since I'm scheduled to come there on July 3.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 17, 2021, 09:09:34 PM
So, does it look like the UK will completely open on June 21?  I hope so, since I'm scheduled to come there on July 3.

I really couldn't say. The reason being there has been an outbreak of an Indian variant. The government isn't doing any back peddling yet but they are telling us there may be a bike somewhere in the future. It should be Ok. I hope.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Got my first Pfizer shot today. :grin: Spent all morning waiting in line, one that went round the block, but it was worth it. There was a brief moment of unexpected amusement when an old lady holding an even older lady's arm was yelling at another old lady to slow down.

"NEUSA! SLOW DOWN! WAIT FOR ME TO HELP YOU GET DOWN THE STEPS! NEUUUUUUSSAAAAAAAAAAA!"

But Neusa was not heeding any of it. :popcorn:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Anne D.

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 26, 2021, 09:38:28 PM
Got my first Pfizer shot today. :grin: Spent all morning waiting in line, one that went round the block, but it was worth it. There was a brief moment of unexpected amusement when an old lady holding an even older lady's arm was yelling at another old lady to slow down.

"NEUSA! SLOW DOWN! WAIT FOR ME TO HELP YOU GET DOWN THE STEPS! NEUUUUUUSSAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Ha! Good for Neusa.

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 26, 2021, 09:38:28 PM

:lol:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Anne D.

Quote from: Tank on May 17, 2021, 08:14:18 AM
Both jabs done and dusted. Got Pfizer so now have the Apple connectivity and 5G.

Got the Pfizer too, but my Gates microchip must not have kicked in yet.

About a week and a half ago I listened to a really depressing public radio story about a small-town Midwestern doctor who is spending inordinate amounts of time kindly and not at all condescendingly talking through the concerns of his patients who truly do believe the microchip conspiracy theory and all manner of other bullshit. He's spending about 45 minutes apiece with each of these folks, not getting compensation beyond that for a shorter regular office visit. One elderly couple allowed the reporter to sit in on the convo. Nice but delusional people. After the doctor patiently explained in the most nonpatronizing way possible that their fears and understandings were unfounded--for nearly an hour--they thanked him, said they had a lot to think about, and then later told the reporter they'd decided not to get vaccinated. What can you do with folks like that? That doctor is a fucking saint.

Icarus

Doctors everywhere must be annoyed, frustrated, disgusted, or worse, by people who refuse the vaccine.  The holdouts use all manner of beliefs that they hold dear. Politics, conspiracies, lethal side effects, and other bullshit reasons to refuse.

It is interesting to note that the less educated and lower economic status  people are predominantly anti vax. These same people or at least most of them are Trump supporters. The poorest county in Florida is Union County up in the panhandle area. It is a hardscrabble farming area with the lowest high school graduation rate in the state. They are 85% hard core republicans and likely to be observant Baptists.  Fewer than 10% of them have been vaccinated. No chance in hell that more of them will accept the vax.  Ignorance may very well be the cause of many of their funerals.

billy rubin

darwin would have to agree

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Bad Penny II

I've booked in for an Astra jab nest Tuesday.
It might of taken an hour seeking out a time/venue to suit.

I'm still working on my campaign to encourage vaccine uptake.

I already had Jabbie Jaberoo, a very tall black and white stalk with bandoleers full of syringes.
Green suggested we needed a villain so... Covid Crow
So we have a scene, think Monk the scream, rotate the screaming chap horizontal, imagine a crow, Covid the Crow, maybe toying with an eyeball.
Save him Jabbie, save him cries the archetypical dutiful daughter
Sorry, it's too late, if not shunned two weeks ago I could have saved him
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: billy rubin on June 03, 2021, 11:49:13 AM
darwin would have to agree

With what would Darwin have to agree?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

billy rubin

Quote from: Bad Penny II on June 03, 2021, 02:56:57 PM
With what would Darwin have to agree?

with icarus

Quote from: Icarus on May 27, 2021, 06:47:47 AM

Ignorance may very well be the cause of many of their funerals.

i do stuff that people think is dangerous. but i take ordinary precautions. when i race ancient motorcycles, i wear full cowhide leathers, boots, gloves,  and a state of the art fibrglas helmet because i am not willfully ignorant of the risks. i use common sense. well, sort of.

willfully ignorant people will weed themselves out of the gene pool, to the extent that their willfullness is heritable, and constitutes a negative selection pressure. if they're all past breeding age, it won't matter. but stupidly ignorant people who fail to reproduce will do the whole gene pool a favor.

at this stage of the pandemic, to not understand the advantages of vaccination is a willful refusal to understand, not a lack of information.

hermes2015

I agree with that. Also, that is a great photo and you are looking good.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames