Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Siz on November 02, 2019, 02:21:25 AM
Quote from: Icarus on November 01, 2019, 11:57:30 PM
^ Yikes............Punk Rock always resembles a train wreck, with multiple fatalities, to me.
I totally get that. I guess that's why it appeals. For me it's not necessarily about melodic merit, it's the aggression - a release. And if that can be married to good melody and/or musicianship then that's all to the good.

I like that kind of thing as well, though mostly aggressive instrumental tracks, like some of Blue Stahli and Celldweller.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Siz

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 02, 2019, 01:24:50 PM
^ Yikes............Punk Rock always resembles a train wreck, with multiple fatalities, to me.
I totally get that. I guess that's why it appeals. For me it's not necessarily about melodic merit, it's the aggression - a release. And if that can be married to good melody and/or musicianship then that's all to the good.

I like that kind of thing as well, though mostly aggressive instrumental tracks, like some of Blue Stahli and Celldweller.
Yeah, love Blue Stahli, and enjoy Celldweller. Celldweller have a good gothy techno thrash vibe of their own going on and they also mix for other people.

Anything else you can recommend along those lines?

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Siz on November 02, 2019, 01:29:38 PM

Yeah, love Blue Stahli, and enjoy Celldweller. Celldweller have a good gothy techno thrash vibe of their own going on and they also mix for other people.

:chin: Well...Scandroid, Circle of Dust and Raizer are basically Celldweller under another name, I'm sure there are many other alter-egos out there as well.  :P But you probably already knew that...

Not instrumental, but when I was in my teens I would listen to Rob Zombie a lot as well. Linkin Park's 'Reanimation' as well. It's glitchy, and I also love glitch music.

The Glitch Mob's great, but now I'm going off on a tangent. :grin:

Siz

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 02, 2019, 02:20:22 PM

:chin: Well...Scandroid, Circle of Dust and Raizer are basically Celldweller under another name, I'm sure there are many other alter-egos out there as well.  :P But you probably already knew that...

Not instrumental, but when I was in my teens I would listen to Rob Zombie a lot as well. Linkin Park's 'Reanimation' as well. It's glitchy, and I also love glitch music.

We certainly have a lot of mutual ground musically xSPx.

Quick listen on Youtube:

Scandroid - never heard of them. I notice they have a cover of TearsForFears' Shout. Interesting! Not as heavy as I'd normally do, but will give the album a listen.

Circle of dust - Nice. A bit industrial with some speed-metal licks thrown in. Can definately hear Celldweller in there.

Raizer - Blue Stahli-esque. Further investigation required.

Rob Zombie - tried and tested. A regular feature on my playlists. (And, of course, White Zombie).

I'd never heard of Glitch until a new member at HAF years ago (long gone now) said he liked it. I've enjoyed it ever since. I particularly like the hardcore chaos glitch like on Blue Stahli's Lake of Flames track.

In a similar direction to Glitch Mob, Pantyraid is nice and mellow:

For a more industrial excursion, I like Combichrist. Or She (Coloris) for a more bleepy experience.

Other heavy stuff I regularly play includes All that Remains (I saw them earlier this year - solid!), Mudvayne, Miss May I, Bury Tomorrow.

I love this track by one-hit-wonder, The Word Alive:

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Siz on November 02, 2019, 03:11:56 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 02, 2019, 02:20:22 PM

We certainly have a lot of mutual ground musically xSPx.

Quick listen on Youtube:

Scandroid - never heard of them. I notice they have a cover of TearsForFears' Shout. Interesting! Not as heavy as I'd normally do, but will give the album a listen.

Circle of dust - Nice. A bit industrial with some speed-metal licks thrown in. Can definately hear Celldweller in there.

Raizer - Blue Stahli-esque. Further investigation required.

Rob Zombie - tried and tested. A regular feature on my playlists. (And, of course, White Zombie).

I'd never heard of Glitch until a new member at HAF years ago (long gone now) said he liked it. I've enjoyed it ever since. I particularly like the hardcore chaos glitch like on Blue Stahli's Lake of Flames track.

In a similar direction to Glitch Mob, Pantyraid is nice and mellow:

For a more industrial excursion, I like Combichrist. Or She (Coloris) for a more bleepy experience.

Other heavy stuff I regularly play includes All that Remains (I saw them earlier this year - solid!), Mudvayne, Miss May I, Bury Tomorrow.

I love this track by one-hit-wonder, The Word Alive:

Great! Plenty of new music to listen to! I will be expanding my playlists :grin:

Never heard of The Word Alive before, they sound a lot like Linkin Park, which gets an automatic 'like' from me.  8)

Siz

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 02, 2019, 03:20:38 PM
Never heard of The Word Alive before, they sound a lot like Linkin Park, which gets an automatic 'like' from me.  8)

Don't get too comfortable - I don't rate anything else they've done.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Siz on November 02, 2019, 03:36:46 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 02, 2019, 03:20:38 PM

Don't get too comfortable - I don't rate anything else they've done.

:sadcheer:

Buddy

The Allman brothers make the best music to listen to while driving
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

billy rubin

hot damn it's time for dramatic shit

set the function, not the mechanism.

billy rubin

billy rubin

billy rubin

hermes2015

Our sound worlds seems to overlap in quite a few areas. I am a huge Prokofiev and Wagner fan.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

im a peasant. i dont know shit about music except what sticks in my head. fragments of larger worlds.

sometimes it takez me years to identify something i hear in my head every day. rossini here was one:

hermes2015

Yes, Rossini is mostly known for his bouncy opera music, but he also wrote some wonderful chamber music that is more to my taste.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames