Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Official* HAF Video Game Thread

Started by curiosityandthecat, March 17, 2009, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on November 07, 2019, 12:01:23 AM
What do you think of the game?

I'm not sure yet as I haven't played much into it, but so far I'm enjoying the game. This is the first Zelda game I played so I know nothing of the lore and background information that could enrich the story for me, but that's ok, there's always my pal Google.

The farthest I got so far was dodging an Indiana Jones-style rolling boulder to find a special sword and purchasing a shield in the shop so I can leave the area and hopefully explore the wide world. Must train my moves in the safety of the training ground first...so far my sparring level is classed, 'Utterly Hopeless' (personal classification). I hope to make it to 'Mostly Hopeless' before long.  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

Most of the enemies you encounter will require particular strategies to defeat, not so much fast reflexes and sparring skill.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on November 07, 2019, 02:13:12 AM
Most of the enemies you encounter will require particular strategies to defeat, not so much fast reflexes and sparring skill.

Excellent! :thumbsup:

xSilverPhinx

Someone is trying to access my Origin account. I keep getting verification codes sent to my e-mail and have changed my password twice already. ::)

I haven't played a game using that platform in years but it's still extremely annoying that someone is trying to break into it.

jumbojak

Could be someone pranking you. Can they do anything without access to your email though? Might want to change that password too.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on November 10, 2019, 09:52:53 PM
Could be someone pranking you. Can they do anything without access to your email though? Might want to change that password too.

Could be...no, they can't access the account without the verification code that's sent to my e-mail. I added that layer of security just now and got a couple of messages warning me that someone was trying to access the platform.

As for my e-mail, they would need to get past a two-step verification process to access it, and they don't have my phone. I checked, it's here with me.  ;D

jumbojak

It seems that most of the old Nintendo games are available on the 3DS. I might be getting in some Mario time...

billy rubin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 10, 2019, 10:01:39 PM

Could be...no, they can't access the account without the verification code that's sent to my e-mail. I added that layer of security just now and got a couple of messages warning me that someone was trying to access the platform.

As for my e-mail, they would need to get past a two-step verification process to access it, and they don't have my phone. I checked, it's here with me.  ;D

what would be the purpose of trying to break into a gaming account?  to shortcut to a higher level?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on November 14, 2019, 05:35:35 AM
It seems that most of the old Nintendo games are available on the 3DS. I might be getting in some Mario time...

I've been thinking of getting Mario Kart...

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on November 14, 2019, 06:50:13 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 10, 2019, 10:01:39 PM

what would be the purpose of trying to break into a gaming account?  to shortcut to a higher level?

Not necessarily, I think it was just to play the games I had bought and were collecting virtual dust on the shelves.

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

joeactor

Indeed - when I owned one, I had a bunch of the older games. Still fun to play!

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 14, 2019, 08:06:29 PM

I never played any of the Kart games. I'm looking at Super Mario Bros 3.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on November 14, 2019, 10:47:35 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 14, 2019, 08:06:29 PM

I never played any of the Kart games. I'm looking at Super Mario Bros 3.

I loved playing Super Mario Bros 3 when I was a kid! Great choice :grin:

joeactor

Got my Google Stadia.

A bit of laggy response at first, then I tweaked the settings. Seems pretty solid on responsiveness now.

Playing Destiny on it.

I'm supposed to get a free "Buddy Pass" of some sort, but they're not available yet.

Anyone here wanna try it when I get that?