News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Dumping Trump

Started by Michael1, July 25, 2017, 11:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael1

I'm not saying I want Trump to be gone, but after his last speech at the jamboree with lots and lots of kids present, I have to think about Schwarzenegger's speech where he more or less said that people won't take his shit any longer. Though Schwarzenegger talked about climate change mainly, he also sent out a general message I believe. Anyways, I hope people pick up on this brainwashing and that it will start a movement.

What do you think about a Trump Dump?
I liked the earth before it was cool.

Dave

Well, since the world reaches for its hankie whenever the US sneezes I feel we all have a vote in this.

Perhaps even an evangelical Pence might seem sensible after this farago!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Davin

It took two years after the investigation into Watergate started until Nixon was impeached. Don't lose your anger, don't lose your enthusiasm, but try to be a little reasonable on the timeline.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tom62

I agree with Davin. It could take quite some time to dump Trump. My current estimate that it will take a little bit more than 7 years  ;)
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Davin

That is what this whole thing as lead me to as well. But then, it also makes me think that if congress remains in the control of the GOP, then they'll vote to remove the two term restriction and keep Trump forever. Even after he dies.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Quote from: Davin on July 26, 2017, 07:26:00 PM
That is what this whole thing as lead me to as well. But then, it also makes me think that if congress remains in the control of the GOP, then they'll vote to remove the two term restriction and keep Trump forever. Even after he dies.

A fine triumph of ideology and politics over rationality and national image.

No one

Normal —– IQ 85-115
Deficient —- IQ 71-84
Moron —— IQ 51-70
Imbecile —- IQ 26-50
Idiot ——– IQ 0-25
Trump----- IQ < -99

Dave

Quote from: No one on July 26, 2017, 08:53:47 PM
Normal —– IQ 85-115
Deficient —- IQ 71-84
Moron —— IQ 51-70
Imbecile —- IQ 26-50
Idiot ——– IQ 0-25
Trump----- IQ < -99

Is that "below 99" for Trump or "below minus 99"?

Dave

According to some sources Trump's IQ might be as high as 156, genius level.

If so this demonstrates well the difference between intelligence and common sense. Or even sanity . . .

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on July 26, 2017, 09:57:00 PM

If so this demonstrates well the difference between intelligence and common sense. Or even sanity . . .

IQ just means your good at math and written language. Which I doubt he is formidable at the latter.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Firebird

Which sources? I have a hard time believing that.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Icarus

Some of the op-ed columnists have claimed a superior IQ for Trump.  Two people that come to mind are Susan Brown Stamper and Ann Coulter. Kelly Anne Conway has made those claims too. I suspect Glen Beck, and Limbaugh have done that too.

Mr Trump has done much to persuade us that he is not very smart. He may have some selective academic abilities but he is sure as hell not using sound judgement, what with his grand  encyclicals, tweets, and fits of narcissism.

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on July 27, 2017, 01:54:56 AM

IQ just means your good at math and written language. Which I doubt he is formidable at the latter.

I beg to differ in the case of the  basic IQ test, Arturo. Ideally it does not test the abilities for academic subjects but the level of logic and reasoning. The perfect test would work as well for a uni prof as for an isolated tribesman who counts on his fingers. We may use language etc in our culture as a comarison between ourselves, against a cultural "norm", but not as a test of pure intelligence.

It may well be that Trump can reason his way through strategic problems, he would have had to do the almost daily at work, without having to do higher maths than, "Ten million next year is better than five this year - go for it!" Trouble is he is not working on the number of widgets sold now but in the quality, maybe the very existence, of people's lives.

And he is still thinking more about his own arse than any of that it seens.

Davin

Quote from: Icarus on July 27, 2017, 07:49:32 AM
Some of the op-ed columnists have claimed a superior IQ for Trump.  Two people that come to mind are Susan Brown Stamper and Ann Coulter. Kelly Anne Conway has made those claims too. I suspect Glen Beck, and Limbaugh have done that too.
All trustworthy sources... :lol:

Quote from: IcarusMr Trump has done much to persuade us that he is not very smart. He may have some selective academic abilities but he is sure as hell not using sound judgement, what with his grand  encyclicals, tweets, and fits of narcissism.
I don't think he's stupid, but I doubt the high IQ claims. And it also seems like he's getting dementia.

Dave

QuoteTrump's IQ score, then, is a mystery, and it could be that he's never actually had it calculated. As with health care, foreign policy, climate science and the benefits of exercise, when it comes to measuring his own intelligence, ignorance is bliss for President Trump.

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-intelligence-history-iq-obsession-630056

There is some debate about his academic qualifications, he achieved a BSc in economics and anthtopology it seems, not an MBA at his prestigious business school. The Mirror has this to say:.

QuoteWharton has a very famous business school, particularly known for its MBA course - which Trump did not take.

He took some Wharton classes, but he graduated from Pennsylvania with a Bachelor of Science degree in economics and anthropology.

Plus, the original article estimates Trump's IQ based on Wharton's admissions requirements.

But Trump didn't go through the usual admissions process - he transferred to Wharton from the main Pennsylvania intake part way through his first year, the conditions for which are less rigorous.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/what-donald-trumps-iq-heres-7983558