Hello lovely people

Started by Niya, September 13, 2021, 07:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

I may grow old, but I'll never grow up.

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Magdalena

Quote from: Niya on September 20, 2021, 05:31:11 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 17, 2021, 07:19:16 AM
Niya, you have a birthday celebration coming up! Wow! Time flies!

What have you been up to, during Covid?

I have just been busy with my family, doing online work, etc. Lockdown has been a surreal experience. Growing up I had always imagined about a worldwide plague would look like; I didn't think I'd ever see one.

I had also imagined what a worldwide plague would look like, and I didn't think I'd ever see one either.

I'm just glad we've made it this far.  :(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Niya

Quote from: jumbojak on September 20, 2021, 06:46:34 PM
How is Pakistan?
Mostly Chaotic, but not complaining. It is what it is. Inflation and (unfair) taxation has gotten quite high.
The geopolitics of the region is always tumultuous. India, China, Afghanistan, all effect what happens here and vice versa.
Not that anyone cares what I say, but the Restaurant is on the other end of the universe." –Marvin
-----
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

hermes2015

Quote from: Niya on September 21, 2021, 07:02:12 AM
How is Pakistan?
Mostly Chaotic, but not complaining. It is what it is. Inflation and (unfair) taxation has gotten quite high.
The geopolitics of the region is always tumultuous. India, China, Afghanistan, all effect what happens here and vice versa.

Oh, you're in Pakistan? I have never been there, but have visited Dhaka, Bangladesh, to visit my partner's family. There are thousands of Pakistanis here, mainly concentrated in an area called Fordsburg in Johannesburg.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Niya

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 21, 2021, 11:16:55 AM
How is Pakistan?

Oh, you're in Pakistan? I have never been there, but have visited Dhaka, Bangladesh, to visit my partner's family. There are thousands of Pakistanis here, mainly concentrated in an area called Fordsburg in Johannesburg.

That's cool. I have never been to Bangladesh, but have heard very good things about the place.
Not that anyone cares what I say, but the Restaurant is on the other end of the universe." –Marvin
-----

hermes2015

Quote from: Niya on September 21, 2021, 04:09:11 PM
How is Pakistan?

That's cool. I have never been to Bangladesh, but have heard very good things about the place.

Yes, the people are nice on the whole, but I don't know how warmly they will welcome anyone from Pakistan!
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Niya

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 21, 2021, 06:49:22 PM
How is Pakistan?

Yes, the people are nice on the whole, but I don't know how warmly they will welcome anyone from Pakistan!

That's understandable! Pakistan treated them horribly back in the 50s and 60s.
That being said, I doubt anyone from the last two generations has any fresh grievances. Young people should be more open. If we all dwelled on how our former oppressors treated us, no one would have friendly relationships...ahem, (looking at imperial Britian)  :P
-----

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Niya on September 22, 2021, 08:28:09 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on September 21, 2021, 06:49:22 PM
How is Pakistan?

That's understandable! Pakistan treated them horribly back in the 50s and 60s.
That being said, I doubt anyone from the last two generations has any fresh grievances. Young people should be more open. If we all dwelled on how our former oppressors treated us, no one would have friendly relationships...ahem, (looking at imperial Britian)  :P

Oh but it's the fashion these days, it's so chic to be of the oppressed.
I'll say sorry for our success cruelty on the sub continent but only if the Scandinavians apologise to us first, and Italy too, and European interlopers in general.  We would have been a kind and gentle people if it wasn't for them.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.