Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

God Bless NC!

Started by fyv0h, September 14, 2011, 12:04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fyv0h

So this shit posted today:

http://www.wral.com/news/state/nccapitol/story/10122896/

NC Senate started the movement to ban same sex marriage. Yet another great example of religious beliefs intermingling with politics. Now, to those with more experience in law than I, why, pray tell, is this not considered a blatant violation of the First Amend/Establishment Clause to the extent that it could be disregarded immediately? Seems to me that injecting religious views into the creation of laws would constitute a horrid breach of this law. It can't really be argued any other way, not that I can tell. Most laws are set forth to benefit society, but discriminatory laws like these benefit nothing but bigotry.
Jesus freaks out in the street. Handing tickets out for God.
Turning back, she just laughs. The boulevard is not that bad.  ~Elton John

لا إله

WWSDJD - What Would Sammy Davis Jr Do?

Stevil

Why do they need to put time and effort into making a law to stop something that has no victims?
If a person is against same gender marriage then they can choose not to marry a person of the same gender as themselves.
If they think that god is against same gender marriage then leave it up to god to judge in the afterlife, surely an all powerful god does not need help from human law makers.

fyv0h

This is absolutely baffling and shameful.
>:(
Jesus freaks out in the street. Handing tickets out for God.
Turning back, she just laughs. The boulevard is not that bad.  ~Elton John

لا إله

WWSDJD - What Would Sammy Davis Jr Do?

Asmodean

Quote from: Stevil on September 14, 2011, 01:21:16 AM
If they think that god is against same gender marriage then leave it up to god to judge in the afterlife, surely an all powerful god does not need help from human law makers.
Maybe they think that if they, pardon the expression, suck their god's dick enough that will give them some extra credits Up There for a lifetime of sinning whenever convenient..?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.