Attraction(s) -- HAF Photo Challenge Poll

Started by Recusant, September 24, 2017, 04:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Well I wouldn't get hung up on it. We all say things we regret in hindsight.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on September 24, 2017, 09:02:21 PM
Well I wouldn't get hung up on it. We all say things we regret in hindsight.
Let me think about that for a while.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

All will be revealed in the end.

Er, I mean, um, well, you know!  :redface:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Arturo, you say you can see it being one of my oddly placed jokes, but I'm still not getting it. Maybe my sense of humour has left me today and all I'm left with is the question, 'why did Arturo single out me and Mags as possible contributors of those photos? Does he think it's one of us in those photos? If not, does he think that one of us took the photos?

Just to make things clear, I don't think there's anything wrong with those photos, I'm not an offended prude, but I do think that there are some upsetting underlying preconceptions on your part about women in general from Latin America, and I get the strong impression that you've included me and Mags into your sweeping generalisation. This isn't the first time this has happened either.   

Maybe I'm just making a mountain out of a molehill here.

(Just as a P.S., many of the 'white men' who descend from the hordes of German, Polish, Portuguese, Italian and Spanish who migrated to Brazil in recent history would be offended by your assumption.)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 24, 2017, 09:56:03 PM
Just to make things clear, I don't think there's anything wrong with those photos, I'm not an offended prude, but I do think that there are some upsetting underlying preconceptions on your part about women in general from Latin America, and I get the strong impression that you've included me and Mags into your sweeping generalisation. This isn't the first time this has happened either.   
:this:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

Tank

I know it's not usual to disclose who submitted a picture but in this case not knowing is causing unwanted and unnecessary friction. The 4 pictures with women in them are mine. The man is the boyfriend of the young lady. 3 of the pictures were taken as part of an unpaid for amateur photo shoot where I was learning the art of erotic photography. The red head lady was a random shot at my daughters wedding. So Mags and XSPx have nothing to do with them whatsoever.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on September 24, 2017, 10:08:38 PM
I know it's not usual to disclose who submitted a picture but in this case not knowing is causing unwanted and unnecessary friction. The 4 pictures with women in them are mine. The man is the boyfriend of the young lady. 3 of the pictures were taken as part of an unpaid for amateur photo shoot where I was learning the art of erotic photography. The red head lady was a random shot at my daughters wedding. So Mags and XSPx have nothing to do with them whatsoever.

Thank you for disclosing that information Tank.

(I think they are excellent photos, by the way, as is always the case with the ones you submit to these challenges).

xSilverPhinx

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 24, 2017, 10:12:42 PM
Quote from: Tank on September 24, 2017, 10:08:38 PM

Thank you for disclosing that information Tank.

(I think they are excellent photos, by the way, as is always the case with the ones you submit to these challenges).
Awwww, Tank, you didn't have to do that, but I appreciate it. I agree with XSPx, they are excellent photos.

Recusant

Quote from: No one on September 24, 2017, 10:02:19 PM
I vote for the Camaro.

It wasn't submitted as an entry, but posted to the challenge thread. However, I can add it to the poll if you like.  :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on September 24, 2017, 10:02:19 PM
I vote for the Camaro.

**Ahem**
I must admit that the Camaro is a beauty.
The Power Stop high-temperature red powder-coated performance brake calipers add a certain je-ne-sais-quoi to it.

~That's all I wanted to say. 

Please continue.

I will try to not interrupt again.  :run!:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on September 25, 2017, 02:36:19 AM
The Power Stop high-temperature red powder-coated performance brake calipers add a certain je-ne-sais-quoi to it.

They are nice, the red calipers (so that's what that red thing in the wheel is? :P ). :smilenod:

I still insist though that it could benefit from a good pair of googly eyes. With long eyelashes. :tellmemore:

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 25, 2017, 03:00:07 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 25, 2017, 02:36:19 AM

They are nice, the red calipers (so that's what that red thing in the wheel is? :P ). :smilenod:
:secrets1: That's what I've heard.

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 25, 2017, 03:00:07 AM
I still insist though that it could benefit from a good pair of googly eyes. With long eyelashes. :tellmemore:
Add googly eyes with long eye lashes...Yeah...Sure...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.