News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Mazel tov! I hope you will have many happy hours messing about in it.

The depth of field is good in the photo.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 23, 2021, 04:18:57 AM
Mazel tov! I hope you will have many happy hours messing about in it.

The depth of field is good in the photo.

It's amazing what a phone can do these days.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on June 23, 2021, 04:51:51 PM
I'd love a boat like that. And somewhere nice to paddle it.

Get one. You live on an island full of rivers and canals.

jumbojak

jumbojak

jumbojak

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on July 10, 2021, 06:04:23 AM

That is an amazing, dynamic photo I wish I had taken. I think it works so well because you are using complementary colours (the blue horizon line in the distance behind the orange of the boy's arm and hair), which make a dramatic contrast with all the subtle greys in the photo. By some weird synchronicity, I was using the same trick less than an hour ago in a painting I am working on, except I am also using metallic gold with the blue and the orange.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

I took that in the reflection of my sideview mirror. That's why there's that dark, rounded edge on the left. I almost cropped it out but decided that it added a vintage feel to the shot. I think I'm going to do more with mirrors in the future. Concave and convex mirrors could add interesting effects.

No one

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Here's a 60mph shot from our ride to Gwynn's Island yesterday.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.