ShockofGod destroys Atheist President of Florida humanist assocation on radio

Started by atheismofropes, October 19, 2011, 11:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atheismofropes

I was disappointed at how the President of Florida atheist humanist assoc. did on the radio debate with ShockofGod
98.3 people surveyed said ShockofGod (he's an ex-atheist now Christian) won the debate.
You can hear the debate at http://   www(dot)  shockawenow  (dot)net in the podcast/music area

The atheist down fall (in my opinion) is when he said there is nothing objectively wrong with beastiality on atheism.
ShockofGod destroyed this guy and as an atheist myself...I was disappointed in the debate.  You can hear the entire 1 hour fiasco and in the future I suggest nobody debate shockofGod unless you are skilled.  I disagree with shockofgod totally but he ripped that atheist a new one big time.

EDIT: As this member came online, spammed and left I have disabled the link so you can visit if you like but google won't record the link. - Tank

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Whitney

I don't know who shockofgod is so he can't be that important.

Anyway if all the Florida Humanist President said was that atheist doesn't mean someone is automatically against bestiality then I agree...there is no actual moral code embedded with being an atheist.  Though I would say that it can be easily argued that bestiality is not good (as the animal can't provide consent).

Asmodean

Quote from: atheismofropes on October 19, 2011, 11:55:03 PM
in the future I suggest nobody debate shockofGod unless you are skilled.
Oh, BS! SoGgy is a mediocre debater at best. I, for one, would not debate him though. Why? Can't be bothered to.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

BullyforBronto

Destroys? I think filibusters is a more appropriate term. Mickey is surely not a master debater. However, I can't really blame him. He's from South Florida, so I chalk his impatience up to dealing with the horrible traffic down there. Can you really name one instance where "Shock" had a valid point in the debate? The last five minutes of that podcast were reminiscent of listening to  Bill O'Reily.

I am a noob myself, so what do I know? However, I'm really suspicious that your first post points to the "destruction" of an atheist in a debate "moderated" by a Christian radio host. Where was the moderation at the end of the show? "Shock" would posit some ridiculous logical fallacy and then chuckle over Mickey's response. Nice.

Whitney

Quote from: BullyforBronto on October 20, 2011, 03:09:41 AM
However, I'm really suspicious that your first post points to the "destruction" of an atheist in a debate "moderated" by a Christian radio host.

Wouldn't be the first time a Christian pretended to be an atheist just to try to get us to agree on something.

Recusant

Pathetic. SoG parrots William Lane Craig's standard 5 arguments. He not only presents them in the exact order that Craig uses, but seems to be trying to ape Craig's style of delivery. He adds a few snide asides of his own, but beyond that he might as well have played a recording of Craig's opening arguments from any of his debates.

I stopped listening after shortly after he gave his opening, and I only listened as long as I did to see if he was the complete Craig copycat that he seemed to be. I see no reason to listen to a debate by this bozo, when I can be bored and irked by the actual author of the sophistries he presents as "my opening arguments."

One thing I would like to point out: In the first section of the debate, I learned that the title of this thread is incorrect. SoG's opponent is not an atheist; he states clearly in his opening argument that he is an agnostic. That alone leads me to believe that the OP is not what they claim to be. In fact, it would not surprise me to learn that "atheismofropes" is a sock puppet of any of a number of posters who've joined here in the past and used the "I'm an atheist, but..." gambit.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

Quote from: Recusant on October 20, 2011, 06:14:01 AM
Pathetic. SoG parrots William Lane Craig's standard 5 arguments.
...So that's where..! I knew there was something fishy here. I hereby withdraw my "mediocre at best" and replace it with "utter crap" statement.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Norfolk And Chance

Quote from: atheismofropes on October 19, 2011, 11:55:03 PM
I was disappointed at how the President of Florida atheist humanist assoc. did on the radio debate with ShockofGod
98.3 people surveyed said ShockofGod (he's an ex-atheist now Christian) won the debate.
You can hear the debate at http://www.shockawenow.net in the podcast/music area

The atheist down fall (in my opinion) is when he said there is nothing objectively wrong with beastiality on atheism.
ShockofGod destroyed this guy and as an atheist myself...I was disappointed in the debate.  You can hear the entire 1 hour fiasco and in the future I suggest nobody debate shockofGod unless you are skilled.  I disagree with shockofgod totally but he ripped that atheist a new one big time.

It is impossible for any christian to destroy any atheist in a debate because it all goes back to..."you believe in made up sky fairies" and that really is the end of any fecking debate. Ever.
Reality is the stuff that doesn't go away when you stop believing in it ~ Matt Dillahunty

history_geek

ShockofGod is a Craig parrot. I saw his PowerPoint presentation last sunday, that was supposed to "prove the MADNESS of atheism and evolution". He gotmaybe a little notariaty with the stunt a few months back when he "chellenged" Penn Jillette to a "debate", with Conservapedia as a sponsor for it or something. He does not debate. He winds when you disagree with him. On he bring up "Santa syndrome. Or the goat loving. And his defenition of Atheism is so bizarre no-one understands it, dispite him calling himself "an ex-atheist".

In short: There's a reason why I call this motorcycle riding parrot preacher "Shock the 'Win By Default 101-tactics' ofGod". Won't stop me from going to his chat and debate with some of the mods there :p Well, until Nephi comes along to have his monologues.....
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Tank

Looks like this guy was a spammer. One visit (4 minutes) and never came back.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

...OR a theist who regards his non-argument to be utterly irrefutable.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on October 27, 2011, 11:21:38 AM
Quote from: Asmodean on October 27, 2011, 11:20:16 AM
...OR a theist who regards his non-argument to be utterly irrefutable.
Possibly, but I doubt it  :)

Guys! Didn't you read his post? He said he was an atheist!  ::)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.