News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

everybody has a story, tank.

i just talk more than some

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on November 28, 2021, 06:08:15 PM
everybody has a story, tank.

i just talk more than some
This is good. The world needs people who talk more than some. Those of us who enjoy listening more than speaking, we need you.
:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

Biggus Dickus

Friday, although cold was a very beautiful fall day here in Michigan. I spent the day raking leaves, and doing a host of other outside chores...for warmth I had kept a nice fire going outside most of the afternoon in our fire-pit. Even sat outside by the fire with a neighbor for some time.

So of course on Saturday it snowed, about 4 -5 inches I think. I wasn't too happy with the snow and having to shovel, but I have to admit on Sunday the snow on the ground looked quite nice, and the neighbor kids across the street from us made a couple impressive snow-people.

I walked over and chatted with the young girl and her younger brother while they were making the snow-people, and she corrected me when I complimented her on her "Snowman". "That's a Snow-girl," she said to me "not a Snowman", . When I asked her brother what type he was making he said, "This is Snowboy"!

...so there you have it!  8)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

i drove tbrough des moines after a blizzard about ten years ago. i counted 146 cars, trucks, and semis buried in the median, off in the snowbanks to the side, or upside down in the field below the highway, all in about 30 miles

Tank

Tom62

50cm of snow here in Bad Schwalbach. It is not recommended to drive a car without a 4 wheel drive. More snow is expected later this day.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

billy rubin

cheyenne, wyoming. snowy but the roads are clear

why is my truck so slow

checks elevation. 8300 feet.

oh.

Icarus

Daytime; 75 to 80 F   Nighttime; 55 to 65 .  I like it here until the weather gets colder.

Oh Alright, Panama city Florida had light snow flurries yesterday.  I live about 350 miles south of Panama city.................No not Panama City, Panama where the canal is, yes Panama City Florida where there is no canal.  PC Florida is so far north that we call the residents, Damned Yankees.

When the seemingly inevitable die is tossed, the global warming one, much of my whole state will be infested by sharks, octopi, and other sea creatures.  I will be the last ones to go because My area is on a ridge in central Florida, some 200 feet above sea level. 

Florida real estate is going to take big it when the water rises.

The impending disaster is not completely disappointing. Mara Logo, Trump's opulent residence. is less than 10 feet above sea level.  Aha!  Justice.

Meanwhile the Finns have taken note of far more lightning strikes in the Arctic regions than ever before.  That is to be taken as additional evidence of global warming effect on our global atmosphere.  Melting of artic ice has changed the water temperature that is part of the development of lightning outbursts.  Greta Thunberg has been right all along. May Odin, Thor, and Neptune bless her little heart.

Ecurb Noselrub

Of course, Greta was right. We have screwed up the environment royally. The earth will have its revenge.

Icarus

^ Already having its' revenge.  I just read a snippet about permafrost.  That ageless phenomenon has begun to disassemble in several places in the far north. The result is that old buildings, built on the previously rigid ground, some a hundred years old, have begun to collapse.  I suspect that there are few, if any, climate change deniers in those regions.