News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Newb

Started by technolud, April 13, 2012, 05:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 13, 2012, 08:34:46 PM
Quote from: technolud on April 13, 2012, 07:57:27 PM
I'm excited.  10 posts and I don't think I insulted anyone or made a fool of myself yet.  Yipee!.

Well done! Pick a spoon  ;D

Maybe these forum memes should be explained first? :D It can seem a bit odd when you start posting on a forum and someone tells you to pick a spoon out of the blue :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

technolud

Well,  I guess its time to let everyone know what I look like.  Woof.

Ali

Techno, Tank is going to love you. 

DeterminedJuliet

Oddity is half the fun!

But very well. Our strange cutlery fetish can be explained (sorta?) here: http://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=9750.0
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

technolud

Oh good.  I was worried you were all a bunch or Darwinian coke-heads.  Like back on the Civic forum.

Ali

Nothin' worse than a coked up Civic fanboy.  *nods solemnly*

technolud

I have a Darwin fish on the back of the Civic, wish I had a picture to post.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: technolud on April 13, 2012, 08:52:22 PM
Well,  I guess its time to let everyone know what I look like.  Woof.

Aww, cute dog! :)
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

technolud

Cute yeah, but the least obedient animal I've ever owned.  Wise though, like he's 100 years old.

I'm outa here, nice meeting you all.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: technolud on April 13, 2012, 09:33:15 PM
Cute yeah, but the least obedient animal I've ever owned.  Wise though, like he's 100 years old.

I'm outa here, nice meeting you all.

Dogs need to be disciplined. XP
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

ibm

Quote from: technolud on April 13, 2012, 05:35:11 PM
I've considered myself as an atheist for a long time, maybe 15-20 years.  I arrived at it after a long and somewhat stormy journey.  It's only in the last couple years that I've realized both my children (16 & 22) have arrived at the same place.  I'm not yet completely sure I parented them the best way possible.

I have three kids, all in their mid-twenties. No baptism, no bible class, no nothing. The hardest moment I had was the time I had to tell them that their teacher will ask them to temporarily move out of their regular class (bible lesson). I knew I was creating the "exclusion" phenomenal within them.

I think you're on the right track when you're "not completely sure you parented them the best way possible."

welcome

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: technolud on April 13, 2012, 05:35:11 PMI'm not yet completely sure I parented them the best way possible.

I'm not sure anyone is completely sure.
Being completely sure about such a thing is suspect anyway.

Hello welcome.

technolud

I asked my daughter if she was a member of the HappyAtheist forum.  She responded that she had never heard of it and pointed out that she had steered me to the "friendly atheist" blog instead.  Oh well, I guess God must have had a reason for sending me here.

Now training dogs, thats a more serious subject.

Tank

Quote from: technolud on April 14, 2012, 01:17:13 PM
I asked my daughter if she was a member of the HappyAtheist forum.  She responded that she had never heard of it and pointed out that she had steered me to the "friendly atheist" blog instead.  Oh well, I guess God must have had a reason for sending me here.

Now training dogs, thats a more serious subject.

Your dog looks like he(?) was designed by Jim Henson's team  ;D
Very cute!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

He does look like Sprocket from the Fraggles!

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.