News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

I am A Christian

Started by Egor, December 09, 2011, 12:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on December 10, 2011, 10:42:32 PM
Not to derail, but your "Pugland" reminds me a lot of a Brussels Griffon

Cute cute!
Tank's one sort of looks like a cuter version of The Asmo with ears and a nose.  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Hmmmm there is definitly a resemblence  :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

Quote from: Egor on December 10, 2011, 09:55:14 PM
So, anyway! What's your favorite football team!  :)

Manchester City. Whats yours?
Retired member.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 10, 2011, 09:57:52 PM
Tank, I am forever jealous of your dog picture taking skills  ;D

Me too.  Those pooches are adorable and Katie certainly did clean up very nicely.  I like dogs well enough but I'm not up to caring for one full time, and I don't think it'd be fair to make a dog live in an apartment this small.  Besides, Deirdre can get frosty enough when I foster another cat for awhile, I would not want to get her started with a dog in the house.  However, I do help my girlfriend care for her dog, Sparkles, a perky little blonde cocker spaniel she rescued about 3 years ago.  (not too coincidently about the same time her daughter took off for college 2,000 miles away)

I also love the color blue, atho my favorite stone is turquoise, and Mustangs are my favorite cars but fortunately I'll never be able to afford one.  I tend to have a lead foot with just my bland little Saturn, I think a Mustang would just be a bridge too far for me.  I love reading and will read nearly anything (tho I'll admit to not being particularly partial to either gangster or war fiction), I enjoy writing a bit too but like proofreading even better and once spent 5 years serving as the beta for a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan fic club.  More recently I've done a bit of beta'ing for True Blood fan fic writers.  You now know my darkest secret.

I've lived all my life in Southern California but am a bit of an Anglophile and would love to visit the United Kingdom.  I'm told we may still have relatives living in Scotland.  In the meantime, or more likely instead of, I enjoy going to English style tea rooms, of which there are an increasing number in the US and without meaning to I've begun collecting teapots.  I weeded them out at one point but I've noticed the collection has started to grow again.

Altho I enjoyed playing soccer in school (and like to think I was pretty good at it), I don't follow any kind of football these days.  Do like baseball but only if I can see a live game.  TV or radio just isn't the same.  
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Whitney

Edward, thanks for telling us a bit more about yourself.

I also have a rescue animal...a gray cat of unknown breed rescued from a party my sister attended where mean boys were throwing him off the balcony.  I think my husband's siamese was a stray too.  Our dog was a purchase as I couldn't find the breed I wanted at a rescue at the time.

I also enjoy the color blue; I keep on decorating rooms in my house with blue as the main theme and only realized it after I had started the bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, and living room all with a lot of blue.

Egor

Quote from: Tank on December 10, 2011, 09:55:36 PM
...dog pictures...

OMG! Those babies are very cute. We used to have two red smoothies, but they've passed on. My wife's an artist, so we do have oil portraits of them. We definitely loved our dachshunds.
This user has been banned so please do not expect any responses from him.

Egor

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 10, 2011, 09:55:41 PM
Hey, blue is my favorite color too! I would probably get my ass kicked in taekwondo, I enjoy reading, and I have two dogs, and Italian greyhound and a full-sized greyhound. I also have a pet snake and lizard. I am more of an Audi person myself.

We had a greyhound mix that loved to chase deer when we lived at the USAF Academy. Very nice dogs. We would have gotten a retired greyhound instead of the black lab we have, but where we are, frankly, they were a bit expensive to adopt.

Quote from: Whitney on December 11, 2011, 12:23:38 AM
Edward, thanks for telling us a bit more about yourself.

I also have a rescue animal...a gray cat of unknown breed rescued from a party my sister attended where mean boys were throwing him off the balcony.  I think my husband's siamese was a stray too.  Our dog was a purchase as I couldn't find the breed I wanted at a rescue at the time.

I also enjoy the color blue; I keep on decorating rooms in my house with blue as the main theme and only realized it after I had started the bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, and living room all with a lot of blue.

It's good you saved the cat, and pet store dogs need homes, too, so kudos.

All this pet talk...loosing hate...must resist...one more dachshund and I'm done for!
This user has been banned so please do not expect any responses from him.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Whitney on December 11, 2011, 12:23:38 AM

I saw this in Real Simple magazine, I think it's just gorgeous:

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 11, 2011, 03:01:53 AM
I saw this in Real Simple magazine, I think it's just gorgeous:

That is nice.
Can we have grey ceilings now?
I would need a proper lounge though.

Buddy

I would have to say that I prefer a nice brown on my walls. Especially if accented with a nice green like this.

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

You have enough to post on the serious threads now ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

OldGit

Tank

Quote from: OldGit on December 11, 2011, 10:30:44 AM
Nice doggy photos, Tank.
Thanks for the nice comments one and all. I'm sure I'd posted those in the pets thread before?

My previous doggy 'Rusty', winter of 2010

And a year later Sally and Katie in the snow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF84FyUjN4A
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Cecilie

I like how this thread turned into a thread about pets and interior. I do like that blue room though. My bedroom walls are a similar color to the ceiling.
The world's what you create.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Cecilie on December 11, 2011, 11:40:55 AM
I like how this thread turned into a thread about pets and interior.

Well what else should you discuss with the religious if you seek a productive exchange?
God?