News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

I am A Christian

Started by Egor, December 09, 2011, 12:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Too Few Lions

Quote from: OldGit on December 09, 2011, 10:51:39 AM
No, only Asmo eats babies as a regular thing.  I find they give me indigestion these days.
I hope you've managed to replace all that baby meat with a similarly nutritious protein source!

OldGit

A robustly roasted roadkill rat is nutritious as well as alliterative.

Asmodean

Quote from: Too Few Lions on December 09, 2011, 11:33:25 AM
No, only Asmo eats babies as a regular thing.  I find they give me indigestion these days.
I hope you've managed to replace all that baby meat with a similarly nutritious protein source!
Better yet, get some digestives. Keeps The Asmo happy and baby-munching  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Buddy

Quote from: Asmodean on December 09, 2011, 11:54:04 AM
Quote from: Too Few Lions on December 09, 2011, 11:33:25 AM
Better yet, get some digestives. Keeps The Asmo happy and baby-munching  ;D

Hmm. I find babies to be too fattening. Now puppies and kittens on the other hand, those are a nice source of lean protein.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Whitney

The part of the topic related more to egor's religious beleifs has been split off to religion.

Egor, please use the remainder of your posts needed to reach 10 to better get to know the other members as people. 

No more talk about your religious views or how you hate atheism at least until you reach 10 posts...the whole purpose of the 10 posts is to give people a chance to know the names on the screen as real people before jumping into heated debate.

Egor

Quote from: Whitney on December 10, 2011, 04:51:34 PM
The part of the topic related more to egor's religious beleifs has been split off to religion.

Egor, please use the remainder of your posts needed to reach 10 to better get to know the other members as people.  

No more talk about your religious views or how you hate atheism at least until you reach 10 posts...the whole purpose of the 10 posts is to give people a chance to know the names on the screen as real people before jumping into heated debate.

What about the fact that you "snipped" off my entire belief system, which is how people will get to know me as a person? Oh never mind. Strike that.

Okay, let's start again: Hi, I'm Edward. I like taekwondo, philosophy, writing, debate, and dogs. I'm 47, I drive a 2011 Mustang. Sapphire is my favorite gem. Blue is my favorite color. I consider xmas a blasphemous term...doh!

Two of our dogs we rescued from the humane society, the third we rescued from the streets. The one from the street is a border collie mix and we think she's part lycanthrope. The other is a black lab who we often confuse for a piece of furniture, and the third is a Chihuahua/dachshund and she's a headbussa. I have a website or two, but I want to wait until I more secure to show you those. I also write for my blog, "The Believers' Revolt."

I wrote the novel "Caretakers of Eternity" a ghost story about a real estate agent who buys a haunted winery. I wrote "Vital Architecture and the New Design of Happiness," a self-help book about, well, happiness. I've written some poetry and a short story, and I won an award for an article about the Good Samaritan.

Oh, we have a daughter and son-in-law who live in England and from them we have three grandsons.

So what about you? Does anyone have anything in common with me?

Ed
This user has been banned so please do not expect any responses from him.

Tank

Dogs! Our last 4 dogs are all rescues. We currently have two dogs, a miniature Jack Russell that runs like a rocket powered roller skate and a cross between a Pug and a West Highland terrier, known as a pugland, she would eat until she exploded is allowed to.

Three kids and one grandson at the moment, expecting two or three more over the next few years.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

A Mustang..? Really..? Not the Shelby one, I hope..? That thing handles like an old combine harvester. The regular ones with Holden Monaro suspension (Or pretty close) are not too bad, except they sort of feel... Cheap. I was contemplating a purchase of one, you see, so got to test. Decided against both it and the loan I would need to get it.

I don't know what they cost where you're at, but over here, the same money would be MUCH better spent on like... A Ford Mondeo.

They do look nice enough though, the Mustangs...
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Egor

Quote from: Tank on December 10, 2011, 09:22:22 PM
Dogs! Our last 4 dogs are all rescues. We currently have two dogs, a miniature Jack Russell that runs like a rocket powered roller skate and a cross between a Pug and a West Highland terrier, known as a pugland, she would eat until she exploded is allowed to.

Three kids and one grandson at the moment, expecting two or three more over the next few years.

They sound like very nice dogs. We love Jack Russell's and Pugs, too. Of course, we love all dogs. But those are cool. Good luck with your grandkid quota, I would like no more  :)

Egor

Quote from: Asmodean on December 10, 2011, 09:32:20 PM
A Mustang..? Really..? Not the Shelby one, I hope..? That thing handles like an old combine harvester. The regular ones with Holden Monaro suspension (Or pretty close) are not too bad, except they sort of feel... Cheap. I was contemplating a purchase of one, you see, so got to test. Decided against both it and the loan I would need to get it.

I don't know what they cost where you're at, but over here, the same money would be MUCH better spent on like... A Ford Mondeo.

They do look nice enough though, the Mustangs...

I think I have the cheap one, but it's very fast.

Cars, kids, dogs, the fate of our souls, grandchildren, the countryside. I do so like substantial conversations. But, being forced to talk about the more banal things in life has lead me to a new way of thinking about how to approach the more substantial things. I do hope we can be friends, I really do, all of us. But we are fundamentally different, and there is no compromise. For me, to live and let live in this area of life is to hate those I would want to be friends with forever.

So, anyway! What's your favorite football team!  :)

Tank

Quote from: Egor on December 10, 2011, 09:47:28 PM

They sound like very nice dogs. We love Jack Russell's and Pugs, too. Of course, we love all dogs. But those are cool. Good luck with your grandkid quota, I would like no more  :)

Katie the Pugland on the left, intimidated weener dog in the middle and Sally the JT on the right.

Katie consider her immediate future could involve lots of teeth!

Katie

Sally

Me and Katie the day we first met.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Hey, blue is my favorite color too! I would probably get my ass kicked in taekwondo, I enjoy reading, and I have two dogs, and Italian greyhound and a full-sized greyhound. I also have a pet snake and lizard. I am more of an Audi person myself.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on December 10, 2011, 09:55:36 PM
Quote from: Egor on December 10, 2011, 09:47:28 PM

Katie the Pugland on the left, intimidated weener dog in the middle and Sally the JT on the right.

Katie consider her immediate future could involve lots of teeth!

Katie

Sally

Me and Katie the day we first met.

Tank, I am forever jealous of your dog picture taking skills  ;D

DeterminedJuliet

Not to derail, but your "Pugland" reminds me a lot of a Brussels Griffon

Cute cute!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.