News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Hello I'm new.

Started by John 3:16, October 16, 2011, 03:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John 3:16

Hello I'm a new member to this forum. I came over from a christian forum after being linked here as a good starting point for discussion with the godless kind. Though I mostly just want to share my views with my like kinded sons of Adam.

xSilverPhinx

Welcome!

Which Christian forum?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

John 3:16

Thanks for the welcome. It was Christian Forum.net.

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, John 3:16. *restrains self from making comment about rainbow colored wigs*

I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on October 16, 2011, 04:04:29 AM
*restrains self from making comment about rainbow colored wigs*

???

*Is wondering what would possess Recusant to think of rainbow colored wigs*

Recusant

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 16, 2011, 04:10:22 AM???

*Is wondering what would possess Recusant to think of rainbow colored wigs*

Wonder no more.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Tank

Hi John 3:16

Welcome to HAF

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Attila

Hi John,
I checked my family history all the way back to the beginning and ... no Adam!  :'( I suppose you won't want to share your views with me then.
Ah well such is life, eh?  ;)
ciao,
Attila

Tank

Quote from: John 3:16 on October 16, 2011, 03:36:00 AM
Hello I'm a new member to this forum. I came over from a christian forum after being linked here as a good starting point for discussion with the godless kind. Though I mostly just want to share my views with my like kinded sons of Adam.
The conduct on this forum may well be different from other forums that you frequent so I politely suggest that you familiarise yourself with the rules and with particular reference to the 'No Preaching' clause as you could possibly fall foul of this when you 'share your views'. Please also note the 10 post access restriction that all new members have to observe.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Welcome! As long as you are prepared to substantiate your views with more than verses from various holy books, Asmodean is not likely to get in your face.  8)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

not your typical...

Hey. I'm Christian too, but I have a lot of atheist views. The name's Becca.
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

Attila

Quote from: not your typical... on October 31, 2011, 02:38:44 AM
I can hardly wait for you to get your 10 posts. I'd love to hear your explanation for your comment. I didn't know it was even possible. ;)

Stevil

Hey, welcome aboard.

You didn't have to come here specifically to have discussions with the godless.
We are all godless, didn't you know  ;D. It's just that some people imagine that there is one or two or more gods.

Anyway, you haven't reached ten posts yet, so please tell us more about yourself, favourite sport, food, hobbies, tv programs.

Why are you here? You want to learn what an atheist is? What commonalities we have, differences, what are our hot topics? Or  :-\ are you here to evangalise us  :o

Just kidding, hope you are keen to have real discussions that to simply argue your point of view

Tank

Quote from: not your typical... on October 31, 2011, 02:38:44 AM
Hi welcome aboard Becca.