News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

The Art and things we've made thread...

Started by Claireliontamer, January 28, 2016, 06:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MariaEvri

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on April 02, 2016, 08:56:17 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 02, 2016, 08:10:51 PM
Are we doing whiteboard drawings? Because I'd like to show off my artistic rendition of our fat pug.

Yes, I think everyone should here should submit a whiteboard drawing, we could have a contest.

By the way "Fat Pug" is nice, but I'm confused by the math on your whiteboard.

Crackers x lunches minus sandwiches = 3/28ths?

Quote from: Magdalena on April 02, 2016, 08:33:22 PM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on April 02, 2016, 07:45:23 PM
BTW, do you use your lips to point like most Hispanic women I know?
Oh, my Asmo! Yes!
My man thinks it's hilarious! He makes fun of me all the time.  :lol:
I'm very embarrassed about it, but I can't help it.  :shrug:---Weird.

I knew it, I think it must be genetic...I make fun of it too, but also, and don't tell anyone, I find myself doing it myself sometimes. Then they make fun of me, because my lips are practically non-existent...you know, small, thin, gringo lips.

squishable fat pup. I want to squish it

here's some furry art that many hate. A daddy and his girl
and a sketchy iguana dude
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

MariaEvri

Quote from: Claireliontamer on February 17, 2016, 05:34:23 PM
Half term progress......

Tiled roof, complete with moss.....

Gable end with the new lego occupants...

looks cool so far. Wanna see the finished house :D
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Crow

Nice roof CLT.

Reminds me of the history project I did back in year eight, teacher stole it as well. I hope you didn't steal that of a student.
Retired member.

jumbojak

Bale hook prototypes, almost complete. I have about six foot of spring stretched out now and will be working on better looking handles for the next set. Also, there will be bending hooks. Getting the two to match that closely was... difficult, to say the least.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on April 05, 2016, 02:54:26 AM

Bale hook prototypes, almost complete. I have about six foot of spring stretched out now and will be working on better looking handles for the next set. Also, there will be bending hooks. Getting the two to match that closely was... difficult, to say the least.
You were born in the wrong century.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

So this month I decided to try to make a small but complete game in one month. This includes at least a menu, credits, the playable game with win and/or lose conditions... and a splash screen because that should be simple enough. I created everything but the short game concept in this month. That includes the design document, the 3D models, graphics, the sound effects, music, programming, etc...

I kept track of what I was doing per day on a blog starting with this post: http://blog.devpirates.com/indie-dev-month-idm-day-1/

This is essentially the finished game:

Even though the game is pretty basic, it was a lot of work. But it was fun and offered some interesting challenges and learning experiences. Today I'm going to try making an installation executable so that people can easily install and run the game. Without that though, I think I have succeeded in the challenge (which isn't really a thing, my brother came up with the idea and I thought it sounded fun).
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

That looks really cool, Davin. The visuals remind me a bit of Audiosurf, a game I spent countless hours playing. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

joeactor

Quote from: Davin on November 30, 2016, 05:11:45 PM
So this month I decided to try to make a small but complete game in one month. This includes at least a menu, credits, the playable game with win and/or lose conditions... and a splash screen because that should be simple enough. I created everything but the short game concept in this month. That includes the design document, the 3D models, graphics, the sound effects, music, programming, etc...

I kept track of what I was doing per day on a blog starting with this post: http://blog.devpirates.com/indie-dev-month-idm-day-1/

Even though the game is pretty basic, it was a lot of work. But it was fun and offered some interesting challenges and learning experiences. Today I'm going to try making an installation executable so that people can easily install and run the game. Without that though, I think I have succeeded in the challenge (which isn't really a thing, my brother came up with the idea and I thought it sounded fun).

Sweet! Came out very nice. I also like having an attainable goal in a given time frame... Keeps me motivated to finish.

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Davin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 30, 2016, 06:03:38 PM
That looks really cool, Davin. The visuals remind me a bit of Audiosurf, a game I spent countless hours playing. :grin:
Thanks! Audiosurf looks like a much better version of my game. :D

Quote from: joeactor on November 30, 2016, 06:31:00 PM
Sweet! Came out very nice. I also like having an attainable goal in a given time frame... Keeps me motivated to finish.
Thank you! Yeah, one of the hardest parts of software development is deciding on and keeping to the scope of the project. With video game development, the problem is exponentially worse than regular software development. My brother and I were going to develop a game that was a bit more complex, but his computer fried so I had to come up with a simpler game that one person (me in particular), could complete in a month.

Quote from: Tom62 on November 30, 2016, 06:32:51 PM
Very nice, Davin!
Thanks!
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Davin, you did that in one month!?
I'm going to borrow Dagonia's words:
I'm just... what did...how would.....I don't ...... :o
Wow! Impressive! :clapping:

...And you're learning Spanish on the side?  :golfclap:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

joeactor

Quote from: Magdalena on November 30, 2016, 08:06:59 PM

Wait... Davin: You're learning Spanish? Me too! Been using DuoLingo for about 2 weeks now.

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on November 30, 2016, 08:06:59 PM

Thank you! :D

My learning of Spanish is much slower and even less impressive if you can imagine it. :lol:

Davin

Quote from: joeactor on November 30, 2016, 08:22:25 PM

Wait... Davin: You're learning Spanish? Me too! Been using DuoLingo for about 2 weeks now.
Yeah, that's what I've been using. I completed all the German and Spanish courses, and gotten German up in 100% complete all gold, and Spanish about 35% all gold and working up. Now I need to try to apply it to start learning better.

Magdalena has given me a few sentences to try to translate, my GF quizes me a bit, and there's a Deadpool comic written in Spanish that I'm trying to translate on my own.

joeactor

Quote from: Davin on November 30, 2016, 08:28:04 PM
Quote from: joeactor on November 30, 2016, 08:22:25 PM

Yeah, that's what I've been using. I completed all the German and Spanish courses, and gotten German up in 100% complete all gold, and Spanish about 35% all gold and working up. Now I need to try to apply it to start learning better.

Magdalena has given me a few sentences to try to translate, my GF quizes me a bit, and there's a Deadpool comic written in Spanish that I'm trying to translate on my own.

Cool - good to know it works! I'm not there yet, but Spanish TV and comics do seem like a good way to test the skills.

Adapt, Adopt, and Improve!