Main Menu

Things that make you chuckle

Started by Dave, September 06, 2017, 06:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on May 07, 2020, 09:54:23 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 03, 2020, 04:18:36 PM

How giraffe evolution really happened.
That top one. It looks like it bites. Yep. Totally bites. Good thing they evolved, yes?  :???:

My alternate theory though, there was once an spotted horse with a really short, fat neck and legs, what went for a drink in a river. A croc grabbed its head and pulled, but its legs got stuck in the terrain aaand... They stretched while growing thinner. Then, giraffe. And that, boys and girls, is how evolution works.  :smilenod:

...Totally not ripped off either. A original theory, that.  :grin:

Sounds legit. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

That first giraffe kind of represents what our Prince Charles Cavalier Spaniel looks like. I call her "coyote" sometimes, because she has these really long skinny legs, where the spaniels have maybe 40% that length of leg. I suspect that a coyote jumped the fence to breed with the mother. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

Icarus

Check this out for a chuckle. Forwarded from one of my humorous friends,

No not that one I meant this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_6Nbm1FF0I

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 03, 2020, 04:18:36 PM

How giraffe evolution really happened.

The theory of evolution -- from someone who was six years old.
My friends found a kitten and brought it over to show me. I forget the conversation but I'll never forget my reply.

"Yes, kittens grow up to be cats. Then the cats grow up to be tigers and the tigers grow up to be lions." I was confident that was how things worked. My friends believed me and said, "Wow!" Yes, we had a miniature lion in our grasp.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

joeactor

Quote from: Icarus on May 17, 2020, 10:54:31 PM
Check this out for a chuckle. Forwarded from one of my humorous friends,

No not that one I meant this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_6Nbm1FF0I

:o ;D

Magdalena

Pay close attention to what happens to the science book. :lol:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Randy

"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

I don't watch a lot of TV or movies, so I have no idea what or who those beings are. But it must be a US-produced thing, given the gun violence. Turning the book title with the "stupid gun" shot is funny, though.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on May 26, 2020, 01:45:57 AM
Pay close attention to what happens to the science book. :lol:

:rofl: My sides!

Well placed I say, well placed.  :teadrink:

Asmodean

In light of a other thread, I'm now thinking back to the university, Assembly-courses. A English-speaking German lecturer. A guy in my class, named "Simen." Good times... Fun times.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

No one

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

This morning I was helping my mom out with downloading PDF zip files, extracting and splitting those PDFs and organising her PC files so she can find those PDFs in the future.

I talked her through step by step and showed her how to do those things. She did it herself a couple of times and so I decided to head back to the other room and work on my computer.

Two minutes later and I hear her calling me. I head back to her room and she's staring at the screen like a deer at incoming headlights. Utterly frightened.

I look at the screen and see that she put 139 loose PDF files in her desktop area.

She turns those frightened eyes at me.

"I don't know what I did, now I can't find anything anymore!"

We had a good laugh and I showed her how to open the file explorer so she could organise all those desktop files more easily.

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 07, 2020, 05:56:47 PM
... and she's staring at the screen like a deer at incoming headlights. Utterly frightened.
:snicker: