News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Creative section addition.

Started by Crow, August 25, 2011, 09:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Seeing how popular the thread "Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!" has become I think its reasonable that there is enough interest to create a creative forum in the general section.

It may work well as "Art & Design" as that generally covers all areas of the creative sector such as architecture, animation, drawing, fashion, graphic design, illustration, industrial design, interior design, painting, sculpture, web design, ect.

What do people think?
Retired member.

Tank

I can think of quite a few threads and members that would make that a place worth frequenting.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Medusa

I'm a poet. I'd like to be able to throw some of my stuff up for reading and tearing into and what not.  :P
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

Melmoth

I would like to fourth this motion! :D Perhaps as a sub-forum in 'Media,' at least, if not as a section in its own right.
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

The Magic Pudding

I'm not voting against this but if there is such a need why is this thread so neglected?
Even with sticky status it hasn't been added to since May

Medusa

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on August 26, 2011, 04:46:56 AM
I'm not voting against this but if there is such a need why is this thread so neglected?
Even with sticky status it hasn't been added to since May
Maybe us writers don't want to draw? :P
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

OldGit

Yes, I suppose the word art means visual art to many people, and mainly painting.
Why not have a Creative section?

Crow

Quote from: OldGit on August 26, 2011, 09:11:31 AM
Yes, I suppose the word art means visual art to many people, and mainly painting.
Why not have a Creative section?

I think poetry and creative writing falls into the art category, but either way it works so I would be happy with either.
Retired member.

MadBomr101

I guess this wasn't followed up on.  The art section in the link provided by Pudding has virtually no active image links anymore.   All of them are outdated and filled with little red Xs.  This is especially sad for me since I'm a very active visual artist doing digital illustration, graphics and some web design on the side.  It'd be nice to have some other artists around with whom we could talk shop.

I see Budhorse does do work with Photoshop so there's at least one other visual artist around.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Whitney

Feel free to start a new art thread in the media section....there just wasn't enough activity in creative threads to justify adding a whole new section.

MadBomr101

Possibly.  We'll see.  I kinda get the feeling there's not a lot of visual artists around.  I, I'd feel a little naked and vulnerable being the ony one posting links to my work.    :-\
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

DeterminedJuliet

I used to dabble in oil panting and I'm thinking of taking classes again after January - I'll post some of my work if anything comes of it!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Buddy

Quote from: MadBomr101 on December 08, 2011, 01:46:00 AM

I see Budhorse does do work with Photoshop so there's at least one other visual artist around.

I do a bit, but it is usually just farting around.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

MadBomr101

I'm with you if you do.   :)

I'll kick it off with this one in advance.  It's a proof of concept drawing for a coloring book idea called the Heraldic Alphabet.  The idea is to showcase the alphabet in a series of elaborate framing devices based on the theme of heraldry.

- Bomr

MadBomr101

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 08, 2011, 02:30:52 AMI do a bit, but it is usually just farting around.

Farting around still counts.  I'm sure even Michelangelo farted around once in awhile.
- Bomr