News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Forum Sections

Started by LARA, December 08, 2008, 04:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARA

Is it possible for the the forum sections to be further divided into sections?  

I'd like to see the Science section be further divide into sections, like Psychology, Evolution, etc.

Also can we vote on getting rid of the Creationism vs. Intelligent Design section?  I posted my reasons for wanting to get rid of that section in that section because I felt it was relevant there and to the debate itself.  I personally think it anything to do with Intelligent Design should just be posted in the Religion section, because that's what it is.  The whole Creationism vs. Evolution section just invites trolls that have to be kicked out.  To me it's kind of bizarre.  They aren't going to win any way.

Also, does anyone think we should have an Ethics section under Philosophy?
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.
                                                                                                                    -Winston Smith, protagonist of 1984 by George Orwell

curiosityandthecat

Where is the Creationism vs. Intelligent Design section? Did I miss that one?

I'm sure the boss lady wouldn't mind any suggestions for subsections and whatnot.
-Curio

LARA

:D Hmmmm.  I did write Creationism vs. Intelligent Design didn't I? That must be the imaginary battle I'd like to see happen. Stupid Morons debating Concieted Morons.

I meant Evolution vs. Creationism.  Of course.
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.
                                                                                                                    -Winston Smith, protagonist of 1984 by George Orwell

Whitney

Creation v Evolution exists to keep the theists out of the science section.  What if I just rename it Creationism/Intelligent Design?  I agree that there is no real debate on the topic.

McQ

Man, I typed a nice long, thoughtful comment to echo LARA's thoughts and then...*poof*....it vanishes after I hit "submit".

Short version: I agree....good idea.  :lol:
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

BadPoison

Quote from: "LARA"Also, does anyone think we should have an Ethics section under Philosophy?

Me.

Whitney

I fixed the wording of the creationism section..it not longer reads as a debate against evolution.

Btw, I agree that we are at a point where some sections can be expanded.  I'll look into a good way to organize it later this week.

Whitney

I'm thinking of moving media to the community section.

I'd like to change the "general" title to something that covers Philosophy, Science and Politics/Current Events.  Any suggestions?