News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

almost everything i use now still has cork clutches. i smear them all with white lithium grease before installing, and it seems to smooth their take-up action. i have a dry primary in my race bike. nice unit. i burned the clutch in it until it smoked on a bad test run a while back. block-sanded all the fibre plates and took it to the track. went 135.

but time marches on, icarus. the japanese are wonderful at fast machinery. my girls hold the one-mile LSR record in maine with an old kawasaki 250, at 103 mph, bouncing off the rev limiter at 14,000 rpm. this summer they'll be back, with a smaller rear sprocket and some jetting and suspension changes. if they do 108 they'll have the overall 250 production record.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

jumbojak

I know it's cliche to say so but old machines don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

billy rubin

lol

my shop is well marked, then

i keep kitty litter in a five gallon bucket in there

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

Quote from: jumbojak on January 15, 2020, 04:03:52 AM
I know it's cliche to say so but old machines don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

That's not an "oil leak", that's the purposely lubed primary chain.  ;D Yeah, my Harley marked its territory, too. I used wood shavings. We couldn't afford luxuries like kitty litter.

jumbojak

Actual oil dry is cheaper than litter in my experience.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

billy rubin

portland cement works well but you have to sweep it up or it sets on just humidity

Dark Lightning

Quote from: jumbojak on January 15, 2020, 04:23:10 PM
Actual oil dry is cheaper than litter in my experience.

Quite true, but the wood shavings were free!

Buddy

I've signed up to start taking horseback riding lessons again.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Lark

What is happening with the new Photo Challenge ???????

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

jumbojak

jumbojak

Quote from: Lark on January 18, 2020, 04:47:22 PM
What is happening with the new Photo Challenge ???????

The them is "blue" right?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on January 19, 2020, 09:57:45 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 19, 2020, 09:34:43 PM
Damn it's hot!  :desert:

You should have a steaming gourd of maté...

I can't fathom how people can drink that stuff in the summer!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

The heat brings on cooling sweat. Bout like eating hot peppers on a hot day.