Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Why I'm voting for Biden

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, August 21, 2020, 04:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

Quote from: Dark Lightning on August 23, 2020, 04:32:41 AM
Quote from: No one on August 23, 2020, 01:33:46 AM
Dump donald, is a fucking coward! He honestly turns my stomach, and believe me ,that is no easy task. He is easily atop my most hated list. To say is lower than the crud that forms at the corners of my mouth when I sleep is a monumental understatement.

As for the flock of mindless sheep in the pastures of trumptardia, they deserve to be stepped on and squashed like the worthless maggots that they are! It's a crying shame that the fake corona virus just doesn't take out the willfully retarded.

It would be really nice (in a sick sort of way) that the people who refused to mask would be the only ones to die. The problem, as I'm certain that you are aware, is that people who depend on masking will die because those people didn't. When my wife and I went to the celebration of life for my nephew who killed his wife and himself, maybe 5 or 6 of the 20 or so people there had a mask on. My nephew, where that celebration was held, didn't have a mask, nor his children or his wife or their friends. They are members of some religious cult. When my brother (his father) needed a place to stay when he was undergoing chemo, they insisted that he convert to their religion before he could live with them. I hadn't known that, and he ended up in hospice by that time, where it was a bit too late, as by that time he was already dying. Religion messes up so many people. Or maybe I should say that strict adherence to some religious beliefs messes up many people.
That's awful. My daughter is an xtian although I don't know what kind. Still, she had me move in with her when my cancer took a turn for the worse. I don't think she truly believes much of it. She told me it's "just a conviction" to her even though it doesn't make any sense.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

^ You raised you daughter right, you are a good man. :thumbsup:

Randy

"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

No one

I don't see how any veterans can vote for the orange fuckwad.
I don't see how any latinos can vote for the orange fuckwad.
I don't see how any blacks can vote for the orange fuckwad.
I don't see how any LBGTs can vote for the orange fuckwad.
I don't see how any women can vote for the orange fuckwad.
I don't see how anyone with a barely functioning brain can vote for the orange fuckwad.
What's left? Shit-for-brains closeted white male christards?

billy rubin

they'r enot closeted. in appalachia, trump is the hands-down favorite son. they like his mouthiness, and they don't see either establishment republicans or any democrats doing anything for them.

to a very large extent, they're right. this area has been economically and socially depressed for generations and nobody has cared.

trump doesn't care either but he's entertaining.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

No one

Ecurb Noselrub

I'm in a family divided. My wife and I support Biden. Two of our kids support Trump, but it's mainly our son-in-law who has really bought into the conspiracy theory du jour.  There are so many factors that go into this difference that I'm not going to get into it, but it creates a good
bit of tension.  I think he has hypnotized 40% of the country.  If he loses the election, I think he will continue to be their president.  It's going to be nasty.

No one

trump is a cowardly, delusional piece of shit! in the hierarchy of life, trump ranks lower than diarrhea that resulted from 24 hours of binging on low grade teqila and 4 week old taco bell.

Randy

There will be studies in the coming years to determine whether Trumps tweets cause cancer in the brain.

billy rubin

win or lose hes not going away.

if he loses i would not be surprised to see him open up a television network to push his views.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

No one

It might be syphilis, rotting that raisin sized brain in his otherwise hollow head.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: No one on August 24, 2020, 10:35:52 PM
I don't see how anyone with a barely functioning brain can vote for the orange fuckwad.

And yet he's got some of all of the above in his base. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tom62

Quote from: Sandra Craft on August 25, 2020, 10:19:04 AM

Playing the Devil's Advocate  ;):
Well, if you've managed to bring the unemployment rates for minorities back to an all time low; if you create opportunity zones in poor neighbourhoods that bring these communities forwards; if you introduce a prison reform that frees thousands of (mainly black) prisoners, who committed non-violent crimes; if your tax reforms also helps the middle class; if rioters are looting and destroying your neighbourhood for many weeks and your Democratic major and governor turns a blind eye; then I can really understand why a lot of people will vote for Trump.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tom62 on August 25, 2020, 12:08:51 PM
Quote from: Sandra Craft on August 25, 2020, 10:19:04 AM

Playing the Devil's Advocate  ;):
Well, if you've managed to bring the unemployment rates for minorities back to an all time low; if you create opportunity zones in poor neighbourhoods that bring these communities forwards; if you introduce a prison reform that frees thousands of (mainly black) prisoners, who committed non-violent crimes; if your tax reforms also helps the middle class; if rioters are looting and destroying your neighbourhood for many weeks and your Democratic major and governor turns a blind eye; then I can really understand why a lot of people will vote for Trump.

Thing is, Trump hasn't done any of that.  He's taken credit for some work that the past Administration did, and lied about the others.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ecurb Noselrub

The stock market and the unemployment rate were both trending positively under Obama and Biden, with about the same trajectory as Trump, until Covid.  He just continued in the same trend they started, except that he incompetently managed Covid and put millions out of work.  His tax cuts gave very little to the working class and a whole lot to the rich, while increasing the deficit. The gap between rich and not rich is greater now than before.  He has undermined Obamacare where he could, but cannot come up with anything to replace it.  I'm not inclined to give him credit for much good.