News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Trump Supporter Disorder

Started by MadBomr101, April 23, 2020, 06:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Seer

Well, from what I can make of it, it's Trump or George Soros.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Randy

My caregiver is a Trump supporter. She says she "trusts him." This is despite the facts I've laid out which I will not go into here. Everyone knows them already I'm sure.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Randy on May 24, 2020, 03:54:17 PM
My caregiver is a Trump supporter. She says she "trusts him." This is despite the facts I've laid out which I will not go into here. Everyone knows them already I'm sure.

My wife has a woman friend whose attitude about the chump's philandering is, "Boys will be boys!" SMH

billy rubin

i just had a young oil field worker yesterday tell me that covid19 waz all a hoax.

i did not press for details. no point.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on May 24, 2020, 07:45:10 PM
i just had a young oil field worker yesterday tell me that covid19 waz all a hoax.

i did not press for details. no point.
Of course, it's all a hoax.
"What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening."
~Donald Trump

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

that suspension of reality is the real illness here

there is nothing you can say to someone who livez in a different universe

people i work with think biden drinks childrens blood to stay young, and the illuminati are behind the deep state that only trump can protectbnb us from

he badly needz to catch the virus and die.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

I just don't understand people like that. And they are everywhere.

Icarus

There is a link to a Scientific American article that I have posted elsewhere.  The article explains in some detail that a lie repeated often enough becomes truth. That is particularly true if the lie or lies have been perpetrated by some one who occupies a high station.  Once the lie is accepted, no matter whether it has been proven false, the believer clings tenaciously to the lie and shapes his attitudes and behaviors in accordance with his mistaken belief.

This reality can be applied not only to used car salesmen and politicians but also to some of the elements of religion.

Randy

Quote from: billy rubin on May 24, 2020, 09:34:13 PM

people i work with think biden drinks childrens blood to stay young, and the illuminati are behind the deep state that only trump can protectbnb us from
Say it isn't so!

This is just way out there weird. I don't think I could do anything accept stare as my mind slowly breaks into a million tiny fragments.

I'm a little worried about Pence taking his place. I probably shouldn't be but there is something about the guy that scares me and I can't quite put my finger on it.

I read his biography just now and there really isn't anything that I can come up with. I just remember him running for Vice President and I wondered what would happen if he took over. I'll blame chemo brain for this.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Randy

Quote from: Icarus on May 24, 2020, 10:41:13 PM
There is a link to a Scientific American article that I have posted elsewhere.  The article explains in some detail that a lie repeated often enough becomes truth. That is particularly true if the lie or lies have been perpetrated by some one who occupies a high station.  Once the lie is accepted, no matter whether it has been proven false, the believer clings tenaciously to the lie and shapes his attitudes and behaviors in accordance with his mistaken belief.

This reality can be applied not only to used car salesmen and politicians but also to some of the elements of religion.

Yeah, it's a shame really. It isn't that she doesn't believe he lies, she says that "all politicians lie." That may be true but not like this. Anyway, her reason is that she thinks immigration is ruining the country and he'll stop it.

billy rubin

did i mention hoop snakez?

alive and well out here.

Old Seer

There's logically only two choices, globalism or Americanism (However one understands Americanism).
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Randy

Quote from: Old Seer on May 25, 2020, 02:42:23 PM
There's logically only two choices, globalism or Americanism (However one understands Americanism).

At the rate the COVID-19 is going here in the USA I begin to wonder if the second choice will even be feasible.

Recusant

Quote from: Randy on May 25, 2020, 12:32:57 AM

Say it isn't so!

This is just way out there weird. I don't think I could do anything accept stare as my mind slowly breaks into a million tiny fragments.

I'm a little worried about Pence taking his place. I probably shouldn't be but there is something about the guy that scares me and I can't quite put my finger on it.

I read his biography just now and there really isn't anything that I can come up with. I just remember him running for Vice President and I wondered what would happen if he took over. I'll blame chemo brain for this.

Pence is a Christofascist creep. He believes in the literal truth of Genesis, uses the rancid Creationist canard "evolution is a theory not a fact." Therefore in his view Creationism needs to be taught in schools in the same class that teaches about evolution (another decrepit Creationist meme: "teach the controversy").

He wants Roe v Wade to be overturned, and thinks that abortion should be made illegal again.

He believes that "No people of faith today face greater hostility or hatred than followers of Christ."

He's been strongly against accepting the fact that gay people should have equal rights ([PDF] "The Real Mike Pence" | Human Rights Campaign).

His ideology inclines him to make decisions that are demonstrably harmful. ("How Mike Pence Made Indiana's HIV Outbreak Worse" | Politico).

The Dominionists are very happy with Trump. They'd be over the moon with Pence.

Other than that, he hasn't demonstrated any particular competence in governance, and promotes the Republican agenda of devotion to the interests of corporations and the wealthy.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Randy

Thanks for reminding me, Recusant. I don't know how I could have forgotten all that. I do remember that he kind of wants us to be a theocracy which is scary. Do we go back to stoning people if it is written in the good book? How far do we take this if that were to happen?

I looked at the polls, and depending on which one a person chooses, the Cheeto has 40% of the vote. How can he have such blind followers? I know of at least four and I don't know that many people. Two of them always vote republican and it doesn't matter if he's a nut job. One believes Mexicans are the problem in this country and the last believes in the Wholly Babble as the literal truth and therefore goes with what the evangelicals support.