News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Oh, certainly! To be clear, my First World reference was in relation to prison food - it's edible and there's kind-of enough of it, but about as bland, tasteless and overall... Well, pink as it can get. That was my experience of an "upscale" public hospital over 'ere. Of course, a private outfit would do better, but not where I happened to end up.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

prison food locally is rice, carrots, and beans, judging by the kitchen waste i see when i empty the prison garbage compactors

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tom62

Good news. I'm allowed to leave the hospital tomorrow morning.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on October 24, 2023, 05:04:51 PMGood news. I'm allowed to leave the hospital tomorrow morning.

Excellent.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

billy rubin

poop.

six tons of poop.

i carried poop monday, tuesday, twoce on wednesday, thursday and friday too.

thats too much poop in one week

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

waste water municipal sewage sludge.

the stuff you flush, after its been treated

solids going to the landfill

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on November 03, 2023, 10:05:02 PMwaste water municipal sewage sludge.

the stuff you flush, after its been treated

solids going to the landfill

Has it been through methane digesters before it gets to the landfill?

billy rubin

i confess i dont know poop at all.

there are giant tanks with archimedes screws aereating a thinner liquid in a splashy sort of way. elsewhere there are settling pits where other sorts of things are mixed with soil and turned into ordinary cpompost

but this stuff is still revognizably poop . all churned up and processed in open air.

i seem to recall something similar near battersea on the train into waterloo from clapham junction. maybe not

next time im there ill take pitchers

i did six loads this week and they say theyre emptying the big settling tanks.

i dont have indoor plumbing si all this is mysterious to me

Tank

The output from settlement tanks is raw sewage lumps so it will not have been through a digestor. As a teenager we got taken to the sewage plant that looked after the south side of London on a school trip. This would have been in '74 ish. The slurry from the settling tanks was mixed in with some waste water and macerated. This then went into huge digestor tanks where it was 'brewed' and the resulting methane was used to power the plant. It produced more electricity than in used. The most impressive part were the huge generators driven by massive engines powered by 10% diesel 90% methane. A similar system was installed at the Leeds sewage plant a decade or so ago. A side effect was that the fly and smell problem caused by the plant was removed and Leeds City council could the lease out the land around the plant which covered the costs of the plant upgrade.

billy rubin

not very big. the sludge comes from the two big settling tanks at the bottom. runs through the pipe into the building where the box is. theres already a box outside in this picture waiting to be taken in. thats the aereator tank above the building

apparently theres lots of poop in my future because theyre going to empty a tank and there will be a box every day

Tank

Well there is that old saying 'Where there's muck there's brass!'

billy rubin

Dark Lightning