News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

I know a guy who was called from his own cell phone number. Spoofed, obviously.

billy rubin

nothing is perfect nor eternal.but i no longer receive spam calls except on very rare occasions. maybe three in the last year.

so its working pretty well for me.

set the function, not the mechanism.

The Magic Pudding..

Wife brought friends laptop home, black screen.
Why no diagnostic beeps these days?
Google says bios key is F2, or F1 maybe, or Function F1 or F2 and you've got to be snappy about it with SSDs.
Didn't work.
Stick a pin in it, (like a phone sim pin) and you get options.
Why can't I get past the Let Windows do stupid crap window?
Why
Why
Why
Mouse set for left handed person, ha.

I did get two blocks of dark nut chocolate, victims of shrink-flation though they were.
If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

dammit

i have raised sons who make things. so i have no scrap leather i bought for a motorcycle seat, but one son is walking around in handmade moccasins. the steel parallels i cut for the vise on the drill press table are missing, but my other son is carrying a hand made knife with a mild steel blade the same size.

now i went to find the the 1-inch aluminum angles i cut to make soft jaw inserts for the table vise.

missing,.

who knows what theyve made out of those.

im going to have to mark all my various accessories now with LEAVE YOUR FATHERS  BITS ALONE AND GO CUT A PIECE YOURSELF FROM THE SCRAP PILES

Anne D.

Sounds more like a reason to be proud of the resourceful, handy kids you raised than a reason to be grumpy : )

billy rubin

yes, anne, theyre great but i would reallly have liked my aluminum vise inserts anyway

Asmodean

The Asmo was out at a company party this weekend. Didn't drink, but yesterday and today, He has the most vicious Divine Hangover.

People. They infected a hapless The Asmo with something, is what they have. :sadnod:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tom62

It snowed very heavily, so I told my wife this morning that she better work from home. Unfortunately her boss forced her to go to the office anyway. She arrived safely at the office, but slipped and made a nasty fall when she got out of the car. They had to take her to the hospital, where they found out that she had broken her leg (tibia). I couldn't visit her today, because all the roads were closed to to the heavy snowfall (+/- 20cm).
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

stuff like bad weather is why working from home exists. that sucks.

Dark Lightning

Sorry about the wife, Tom. Everybody involved now regrets the boss' insistence!

Recusant

Rotten luck. For the future I suggest something like Yaktrax. I hope her recovery is swift and uncomplicated.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tom62

My wife was wearing decent boots, but they were probably not good enough in these snowy and icy conditions. Weather situation here hasn't changed much. All roads leading to my wife are closed and public transport (on which I now depend, because my wife took the car to the office) has shutdown. Many school children couldn't get home and had to spend the night in the school. People are advised to stay at home. Most likely I'll have to reschedule my own up and coming CT-Scan and operation.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tom62

Robert A. Heinlein

Asmodean

Ah, yes! Sparsely decorated with hazy street lamps and weirdly-angled cars, with the owners singing soothing songs of creatively-strung curses. Reminds The Asmo of home... Where he is, so one could argue that He need not be reminded. :smilenod:

It's cold here today - a double-digit negative on a Celsius scale - but there is barely any snow. I'd say that's a good thing because daytime temperatures yesterday were into the reds and when water meets sudden and deep plunges in temperature... Well... There is a reason why the above reminds me of home ;)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.