News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

american primary elections

Started by billy rubin, March 03, 2020, 12:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

Quote from: Bad Penny II on March 14, 2020, 02:03:40 PM
Quote from: Davin on March 13, 2020, 04:52:55 PM
Quote from: Kusa on March 13, 2020, 12:52:02 AM
Quote from: Davin on March 12, 2020, 02:54:08 PM
I don't think white men are looked down upon. At least not any more than any other group. I do feel like white men have less shit to deal with so when they are "attacked" it tends to, in contrast, seem like it's a bigger thing than it is.

Oh, you're being criticized? I'm sorry, that's so terrible. And all black men had to deal with was barriers put in place by white men in power for centuries. Truly we should be more careful about white men's sensitive feelings when talking about them, they've had a lot of nothing to deal with for a long time. White men had to actually commit crimes to be harassed by the police, so lets be gentle with their emotions. White men in power were able to rape women with impunity, so let's be delicate with them as they transition to being held accountable for things they did. A black kid who steals $45 will spend years in prison, so let's be extra careful about how we address the problem when rich white people defraud people out of billions of dollars pick one of them to fall on their sword and has to spend a few months in house arrest. Let's try to hold back viciousness when minorities selling pot get life sentences and the white people directly responsible for the opioid epidemic have to pay less than 0.0001% of the money they made from it in fines and avoid any jail time at all.

Come on, won't some one think of the white men? They've had it so easy for so long, so let's be extra careful with their emotions.
That%u2019s a lot of lumping people together. You sound like a racist.

You don't understand Kusa, Davin is on a mission from... Davin
Normal rules don't apply here. I'd post an animated pic of hippopotamus nodding and agreeing with my point, making  all that that didn't agree know what utter contempt I hold for them, but I don't have one. I know a priest mentality when I see one.
I wish I could understand the point here, but nothing in your response makes sense.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Kusa

Quote from: Davin on March 16, 2020, 02:13:02 PM
Black men receive sentencing lengths 19% longer on average than white men convicted of similar offenses. That's not to say it isn't shitty for the white man convicted for something stupid like pot, but there is cold hard data that shows that a black men are treated worse. That is a white privilege.

That's not White privilege. It sounds like Black oppression.

Davin

Quote from: Kusa on March 16, 2020, 03:29:09 PM
Black men receive sentencing lengths 19% longer on average than white men convicted of similar offenses. That's not to say it isn't shitty for the white man convicted for something stupid like pot, but there is cold hard data that shows that a black men are treated worse. That is a white privilege.

It is both.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

Quote from: Davin on March 16, 2020, 03:34:07 PM

It is both.

Would that make it grey apathy?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

Quote from: Tank on March 16, 2020, 03:47:00 PM
Quote from: Davin on March 16, 2020, 03:34:07 PM

It is both.

Would that make it grey apathy?
I don't think so. The people being oppressed and the oppressors do care a lot about it.

Mr. B

Quote from: Mr. B on March 14, 2020, 01:34:56 AM
Quote from: Davin on March 13, 2020, 04:57:40 PM
Quote from: Mr. B on March 13, 2020, 01:31:30 AM
Come on, won't some one think of the white men? They've had it so easy for so long, so let's be extra careful with their emotions.

Not all white men are rich. The war on poverty is real and does not discriminate. Where I grew up was in a lower middle class neighborhood. My best friend lived in the projects just up the road. We're talking 99% white projects. I used to pick him up and drop him off to and from high school. Maybe once or twice a year there were mandatory police check points going into my neighborhood. Maybe two or three times a month there were mandatory police check points going into the projects.

Not all white people enjoy what you describe as white privilege.

[...]

White privilege?

Yeah, I'd like to have some please?
Privilege doesn't mean that people who have it have easy lives and no cares in the world.

What it is...

If you are low income, no matter what race or gender you are, you get a set of shit to deal with just like every other person who is low income. But for some minority groups, they get a an extra set of shit to deal with.

That is true with all levels of income. And white men also get their tiny bag of extra shit as well, but compared to others, it's pretty small. That's privilege. It's not necessarily a bad thing to have privilege.

That's why white men crying about being treated unfairly because they're white men are irrationally overreacting.

I don't think you understand poverty. That is to say I don't think you have ever experienced poverty yourself.[...]
It's OK to think things that are wrong. You can always correct your thinking.

Quote from: Mr. BThe fact that you argue impoverished white people still have more privilege than non white people is remarkable. The war on poverty is real, and it does not discriminate.
Yes. 12 is more than 10 even if some values are in the billions. That you can't understand that is remarkable. You might try to address my specific points instead beating around the bush like this.

Oh, well...why did you not address my comments about racism in your response to my comment? You dismissed a whole section with your [...] 

Your specific point is that no matter how much shit a white man may have to deal with, it's little compared to basically everyone that is non white. That point that you made is what is being addressed by me and a few other people.

My point is that there are plenty of white men who suffer just as much as anyone else based on their economical position PLUS they have to bear the brunt of the blame for everyone elses racial suffering by people like you. You are pointing your finger directly in my face and blaming me for problems I did not create and have nothing to do with just because....i'm a white man.

Being a white man does not make me an oppressor and I do not appreciate being lumped into the category of "old white male oppressors" when you say shit like this.

I don't think white men are looked down upon. At least not any more than any other group. I do feel like white men have less shit to deal with so when they are "attacked" it tends to, in contrast, seem like it's a bigger thing than it is.

You are pissing all over me and trying to convince me that it's just rain.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Davin

Quote from: Mr. B on March 16, 2020, 06:49:29 PM
Quote from: Mr. B on March 14, 2020, 01:34:56 AM
Quote from: Davin on March 13, 2020, 04:57:40 PM
Quote from: Mr. B on March 13, 2020, 01:31:30 AM

Not all white men are rich. The war on poverty is real and does not discriminate. Where I grew up was in a lower middle class neighborhood. My best friend lived in the projects just up the road. We're talking 99% white projects. I used to pick him up and drop him off to and from high school. Maybe once or twice a year there were mandatory police check points going into my neighborhood. Maybe two or three times a month there were mandatory police check points going into the projects.

Not all white people enjoy what you describe as white privilege.

[...]

White privilege?

Yeah, I'd like to have some please?
Privilege doesn't mean that people who have it have easy lives and no cares in the world.

What it is...

If you are low income, no matter what race or gender you are, you get a set of shit to deal with just like every other person who is low income. But for some minority groups, they get a an extra set of shit to deal with.

That is true with all levels of income. And white men also get their tiny bag of extra shit as well, but compared to others, it's pretty small. That's privilege. It's not necessarily a bad thing to have privilege.

That's why white men crying about being treated unfairly because they're white men are irrationally overreacting.

I don't think you understand poverty. That is to say I don't think you have ever experienced poverty yourself.[...]
It's OK to think things that are wrong. You can always correct your thinking.

Quote from: Mr. BThe fact that you argue impoverished white people still have more privilege than non white people is remarkable. The war on poverty is real, and it does not discriminate.
Yes. 12 is more than 10 even if some values are in the billions. That you can't understand that is remarkable. You might try to address my specific points instead beating around the bush like this.

Oh, well...why did you not address my comments about racism in your response to my comment? You dismissed a whole section with your [...]
Making direct comments to each specific thing would be a waste of time since everything that followed stemmed from your irrational assumption.

Quote from: Mr. B
Your specific point is that no matter how much shit a white man may have to deal with, it's little compared to basically everyone that is non white. That point that you made is what is being addressed by me and a few other people.
No, that's not my point. My point is that if we take two statistically average people, one white and one black, both will have a lot of similar shit to deal with. However the black guy will have a little bit of extra shit.

My point is[...]
I'm not having any issues understanding your point.

[...]that there are plenty of white men who suffer just as much as anyone else based on their economical position PLUS they have to bear the brunt of the blame for everyone elses racial suffering by people like you. You are pointing your finger directly in my face and blaming me for problems I did not create and have nothing to do with just because....i'm a white man.
No one here is one blaming you for any of this. No one is saying it's your fault or even that you bare any responsibility for it. I'm simply saying this is the way things are, because based on cold hard facts, it is the way things are.

Pus, I'm sure that having people point their fingers at you is no where near as bad as being 10 times more likely to be stopped by police and searched for no other reason than being black. If I were to put those two things on a scale, which way do you think the scale will lean?

Being a white man does not make me an oppressor and I do not appreciate being lumped into the category of "old white male oppressors" when you say shit like this.
You're tilting at windmills.

You are pissing all over me and trying to convince me that it's just rain.
Edit: I think it's more apt to say that you've pissed yourself and are blaming me because I told you that you smell like urine.

Kusa

It sounds like you are saying that White people are privileged for not being Black.

That's a f@cked up thing to say or even think.

Davin

Quote from: Kusa on March 16, 2020, 08:29:11 PM
It sounds like you are saying that White people are privileged for not being Black.

I agree that it is fucked up, however I do not agree that it's fucked up think accurately about the world.

Denying reality because you don't like how it sounds has never changed reality.

Kusa

Quote from: Davin on March 16, 2020, 08:54:11 PM

I agree that it is fucked up, however I do not agree that it's fucked up think accurately about the world.

You are the real racist.

Davin

Quote from: Kusa on March 16, 2020, 09:15:26 PM

That%u2019s a f@cked up thing to say or even think.

You are the real racist.
I suppose if I don't give this banal response respect it doesn't deserve, then Bad Penny II will make another incomprehensible comment about how I play by different rules or something... I'll have to learn to live it.

Pointing out that racism exists, is not racism.

I wonder if there are any forum rules against calling someone a racist in a discussion.

Mr. B

Quote from: Davin on March 16, 2020, 08:03:18 PM
No one here is one blaming you for any of this. No one is saying it's your fault or even that you bare any responsibility for it.

[...]

Edit: I think it's more apt to say that you've pissed yourself and are blaming me because I told you that you smell like urine.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Kusa

Quote from: Davin on March 16, 2020, 09:22:04 PM

You are the real racist.
I suppose if I don't give this banal response respect it doesn't deserve, then Bad Penny II will make another incomprehensible comment about how I play by different rules or something... I'll have to learn to live it.

I wonder if there are any forum rules against calling someone a racist in a discussion.
Your point is that it is a privilege not to be black. That is pure racism right there. You dehumanize people, especially black people.

Mr. B

Quote from: Kusa on March 16, 2020, 09:30:56 PM
Quote from: Davin on March 16, 2020, 09:22:04 PM

You are the real racist.

Your point is that it is a privilege not to be black. That is pure racism right there. You dehumanize people, especially black people.

I don't think he is dehumanizing black people.

Magdalena

Kusa, according to you Davin is racist, TallRed is a window licker, and I should be familiar with the term, triggered.
Quote from: Kusa on March 13, 2020, 12:52:02 AM
That's a lot of lumping people together. You sound like a racist.

Quote from: Kusa on February 01, 2020, 12:35:40 AM
Because his "friend" is a window licker.
I don't like your style.
I think I will just block you.
:sadwave:
Bye.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant