Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Quote from: hermes2015 on November 09, 2019, 03:52:46 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on November 08, 2019, 05:14:55 PM
I have been seriously thinking about something for special occasions. Should those ever arise.

The converse is also also true: the special occasions will arise after you find a fragrance that works well with your body chemistry. One way to tell that a scent is right for you is if you can't smell it on yourself after 20 minutes. Others will, though, and will flock to you like iron filings to a magnet.

Any recommendations as far as brands and whatnot? If I do this I'll be going boldly where I haven't gone before.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Buddy

Quote from: jumbojak on November 09, 2019, 02:41:46 PM
I have been seriously thinking about something for special occasions. Should those ever arise.

The converse is also also true: the special occasions will arise after you find a fragrance that works well with your body chemistry. One way to tell that a scent is right for you is if you can't smell it on yourself after 20 minutes. Others will, though, and will flock to you like iron filings to a magnet.

Any recommendations as far as brands and whatnot? If I do this I'll be going boldly where I haven't gone before.

Honestly, find your nearest Sephora. They have a great selection of men's fragrance that you can test plus they can make samples for you to take home and try for a bit longer before shelling out the money.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

hermes2015

Quote from: Buddy on November 09, 2019, 02:51:30 PM

Honestly, find your nearest Sephora. They have a great selection of men's fragrance that you can test plus they can make samples for you to take home and try for a bit longer before shelling out the money.

That's good advice. Don't just try something in the shop and buy immediately. It's a good idea to get some samples to try over a few days, and if you can smell a fragrance on yourself, it is not for you.

I've been using Issey Miyake Pour Homme since it came out and still get complimented. When it is on me, my nose doesn't detect it at all.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Siz

Quote from: billy rubin on November 09, 2019, 01:54:11 PM
Quote from: Tank on November 09, 2019, 11:09:30 AM
Quote from: billy rubin on November 09, 2019, 10:41:58 AM
got a call at midnight

no work today

so ill get to watch my daughter play french horn in the state level high school band competition today

LOL Excellent. But I had to read that a few times before I realised it was missing a ' ;D

the apoztrophe button on my touch screen keyboard3 is approximately the size of donald trumps inner organ of human compassion.

not easy to find
Is the zed button contrastingly huge?

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Siz on November 09, 2019, 07:05:38 PM
got a call at midnight

no work today

so ill get to watch my daughter play french horn in the state level high school band competition today

LOL Excellent. But I had to read that a few times before I realised it was missing a ' ;D

the apoztrophe button on my touch screen keyboard3 is approximately the size of donald trumps inner organ of human compassion.

not easy to find

:sad sigh: Ever since Dave, King of Typo passed away the Typo Throne has been empty.  :pensive: Billy rubin...you should take your place as the new King of Typo, an online land where autocorrect elves will not tread.   

;)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

billy rubin

got a call at midnight

no work today

not easy to find

i think its an aiming izsue. the s is directly beneathtbe z and i strike by falling short in my aim.

but im alzo always hiiting the b instead of the h, and so im afraid my model doez not explain all the data.

it appears to an elevation problem in my aim, as opposed to windage.

set the function, not the mechanism.

billy rubin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 09, 2019, 07:14:56 PM
got a call at midnight

no work today

not easy to find

:sad sigh: Ever since Dave, King of Typo passed away the Typo Throne has been empty.  :pensive: Billy rubin...you should take your place as the new King of Typo, an online land where autocorrect elves will not tread.   

;)

perhaps i should focus on the role of  king of typo and relegate my skill at derailing threads to an informal avocation

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on November 09, 2019, 07:38:30 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 09, 2019, 07:14:56 PM
got a call at midnight

no work today

not easy to find

;)

perhaps i should focus on the role of  king of typo and relegate my skill at derailing threads to an informal avocation

"humble azpirant to the king3 of typos" :lol:

If you want I can add a custom title to your profile, which goes right under your username.

billy rubin

i put one in there

but "king" seems a bit presumptuos.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 09, 2019, 07:57:29 PM

If you want I can add a custom title to your profile, which goes right under your username.

lol

it didn't go where i wanted it to.

sure, if its not too much trouble, that would make me laugh.

can't take life too seriously

Bad Penny II

Quote from: billy rubin on November 09, 2019, 10:04:54 PM

lol

Stick around for another 828 posts and this could be yours.

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

jumbojak

Quote from: hermes2015 on November 09, 2019, 03:17:36 PM

That's good advice. Don't just try something in the shop and buy immediately. It's a good idea to get some samples to try over a few days, and if you can smell a fragrance on yourself, it is not for you.

I've been using Issey Miyake Pour Homme since it came out and still get complimented. When it is on me, my nose doesn't detect it at all.

I typically use a body wash with some scent. Would I have to make adjustments based on body wash versus regular soap?

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on November 09, 2019, 10:04:54 PM

lol

I added the same description to your custom title, if you want it changed let me or one of the other mods or admins know.  ;)

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on November 10, 2019, 01:29:42 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on November 09, 2019, 03:17:36 PM

I typically use a body wash with some scent. Would I have to make adjustments based on body wash versus regular soap?

Yes, definitely, because you should never, ever, mix fragrances. Once you've chosen a signature fragrance, either get a body wash, soap, and deodorant from the same range, or get totally unscented ones. If you don't, there will be a horrible clash of scents and you may frighten the horses.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames