News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

A Game of Thrones (Full of spoilers!)

Started by Sandra Craft, May 28, 2012, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Time for an Asmonalysis then, in no particular order of time.

By the way, do others too have trouble with the timeline of GoT? I struggle to follow it in a linear fashion. Events that ought to take months and years seem to take at most weeks and what have you.

In any case,

The Queen's Gambit, I liked. Send the army to conquer the money people, get the Pirate™ to sneak up on an enemy fleet on a clear day from open sea... Sacrifice a rook but save the knight and his pawns, while tying up a number of opposing pawns and a... Bishop, let's call him, in the process.

My opinion of Queen Xerxes is again on the rise. They call her a monster, the Dwarf™ and the old funny-hat lady, but... Would any-one remind me exactly why she is a monster? As seen through the eyes of the GoT universe? So she blew up a church, killed a direwolf, fucked her brother (And it does takes two to do that tango, I might add) what else..? Because like... Small potatoes.

The meeting of the Dragon Queen and the Northern King was anticlimactic, verging on boring. She invoked an oath. He's neither a Stark nor the first to have broken it. He invoked the Zs. She is not interested in Zs at this time. He gets obsidian, she may get an ally down the road. Yeah, yeah... The whole thing was unconvincing. Still, them's gonna sleep together at some point. The Asmo still thinks that hypothesis will prove accurate.

There was a thin implication of the Spider heading to an unfortunate demise... Too bad, I like him. Still, the red woman did not state anything beyond that they would both die in Westeros, so... Who knows?

What else happened..? Yes, Bran-thing went pretty much as I predicted, though King Snow was not there. I find that story line reasonably transparent interaction-wise.

The Queen's Revenge went as predicted too, though we have yet to have seen the Dorn girl actually die... Same goes for the funny-hat lady. Shame about that. Here's to hoping she has some antidote stashed in her room somewhere... Although, that would be quite unlike Mr. Martin.

Also, yes, they do "just like severed heads, really" and The Asmo, He does too. He would make a good mob, The Asmo would. ;D

So Yara is alive and there is some hope of her staying that way. Good. Reek was fished out of the sea. Expected. I still do think that he has a fight-another-day kind of role to play in the episodes to come.

Did anything else happen?

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Davin

I think this might have been posted already, but I'm too apathetic about it to check.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

^ Is 'Throme' a misspelling or does it mean anything? I tried looking it up and haven't found a definition. :notsure:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

I think it's just a misspelling. Looks like the graphics guy just got lazy and copied the 'M'. Or maybe it's meant to hide from the IP lawsuits.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on August 02, 2017, 01:15:49 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 01, 2017, 11:46:36 PM
Maybe not as much convincing as giving up his title of King in the North, though. If Cersei doesn't kill Dany's dragons then they'd be invaluable in the fight against the dead army and marriage would be a way to join forces in that fight. Since Jon is focused on that war to come he might even suggest it.

Do you think he really wants to be King in the North tho?  He seems rather tepid about the whole thing.  I think he'd rather just go back to being Commander of the Night's Watch, leave the North in Sansa's hands and let her sort out the knee bending thing with Dany -- if they survive the war with the dead.

New topic:  dragon-riding.  We've got three dragons and have been promised (I dimly remember) three riders.  Drogon is spoken for, so what about the other two?  I can see Jon Snow riding Rheagal, he seems an obvious pick when push comes to shove in dealing with both Cersei and the Army of the Dead, but what about Viserion?  I've seen both Tyrion and Bran (who'd warg rather than ride) suggested but I can't really warm up to either.  What about Grey Worm (assuming he survives Casterly Rock), or Jorah?  Or maybe Yara, if she survives Euron?  If she can ride waves, she can ride a dragon.

I don't think Jon wants to be King in the North, I think he might have felt obligated by a sense of duty to Stark's bannermen after they elected him. I don't think he wants to be Commander of the Night's Watch either, as he himself said after he was brought back to life and was leaving Castle Black "My watch has ended". I think the betrayed was probably too much for him, and he probably felt could do more elsewhere. He hasn't lost focus though, he's still got his mind bent on the White Walkers and the coming war against the dead. But yeah, if we see what happens after that war (and if they survive of course, nothing is a given) then I'm also curious to see whether Jon will continue to be King in the North. I also wonder what will happen once Bran tells Jon of his true parentage. With Ned's last trueborn son (Bran) back and Jon not being Ned Stark's son might put him even further from the Northern Kingdom's throne.

Maybe Littlefinger will try and manipulate Bran. :notsure: If he does, I don't think he'd ever be successful at that, knowing that Bran could see all of Baelish's past actions. Pity there's no Hodor anymore to hold Baelish's neck for the crippled boy.

As for the dragons, if memory serves only Targaryans can ride the dragons? If this is true then the fan theory that Tyrion is also a Targaryan bastard must be true in order for him to ride Viserion. It's very possible that one or more dragon can die until Dany finally takes the Iron Throne, if she does. Maybe Viserion does. :shrug:

xSilverPhinx

I think I posted these here before, but here goes again, in case anyone who hasn't seen these bad lip-reading videos.

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 04, 2017, 06:22:11 PMWith Ned's last trueborn son (Bran) back and Jon not being Ned Stark's son might put him even further from the Northern Kingdom's throne.
I don't quite get Mr. Snow's heritage...

Is he like the product of the mad king's whatstheirrelation and Ned Stark bumping uglies? Or..? Who's the damned father? Judging from how genetics seem to work in that universe, my money is on a Baratheon of some kind..? Then again, Bran is Ned's kid, and he does kinda' look like Jon to a few first degree approximations. (Hair/eyes/jaw - that sort of stuff) More like Jon than like the Red Wedding brother, anyways. The other kid... You know, the one Ramsay, the very-well-played psychopath, shot to death..? That kid sort of looked more like the other brother. So does Arya. Sansa... Grew up to not really look like any of them, but if I HAD to approximate, I would put her in with those three as well, mostly because I can sort-of see her being her mother's daughter and the rest is age and circumstances.

But then, what the hell do I know? For starters, both Bran and the shot kid were basically in the story from before their voices broke. Kids do grow up according to their own genetic template, not the wishes of screenwriters.

So yeah. Any one care to draw a pretty little family tree for The Asmo with an explanation or two?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Asmodean on August 05, 2017, 12:23:50 PM
So yeah. Any one care to draw a pretty little family tree for The Asmo with an explanation or two?

Well, as far as the Starks are concerned, Robb, Sansa, Arya, Bran and Rickon are all Ned Stark's kids with his wife, Catelyn.  Jon Snow is the bastard son of Ned's sister, Lyanna Stark, and Rheagar Targaryen, who was married and apparently kidnapped Lyanna.  I say apparently because I think she willingly ran off with him rather than marry her fiance, Robert Baratheon.  Ned claimed that Jon was his bastard, however, to keep Robert from killing the baby as revenge for the loss of his fiance (he was killing all Targaryens for that at the time).

This makes Jon the nephew of Dany because Rheagar was Dany's oldest brother, which also makes Jon the grandson of the Mad King with possibly a claim to the Iron Throne altho as a bastard I'm not sure if his claim would be before or after Dany's.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Claireliontamer

Has anyone watched the leaked episode?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Claireliontamer on August 05, 2017, 06:03:15 PM
Has anyone watched the leaked episode?

Not yet. Do you have a link? I'm watching all episodes online (solarmoviez.to) but episode 4 doesn't load. I don't know if it's because the server's too busy or it was removed.  :scratch:

xSilverPhinx

Argh, now that it's loading I'm going out for the evening! I think I can survive putting it off until tomorrow. I think. :P

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 04, 2017, 06:22:11 PM
As for the dragons, if memory serves only Targaryans can ride the dragons?

This is something I've never been clear on -- is it that only Targaryens can ride dragons, or that only Targaryens have ridden dragons?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

I'm not sure :notsure:. I'll look up an answer in the morning.:smilenod: 

Asmodean

I wonder if the hot queen... The other hot queen's ballistae will prove effective weapons against dragons. I'd... Like them to be.

:popcorn:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

For Asmo:

Jon isn't depicted in this family tree, but he would be there in the bottom right. As Books said, Daenery's brother Rhaegar Targaryen and Ned Stark's sister Lyanna are his parents.