News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

A Game of Thrones (Full of spoilers!)

Started by Sandra Craft, May 28, 2012, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

In the books though they are the size of a small horse, though real dire wolves did not reach that size.

From Wikipedia:

QuoteSize

C. dirus was the largest of all Canis species.[20]:52 A study of the length and circumference of femur bones estimated the mean body mass of Canis dirus guildayi to be 60 kg (130 lb) and Canis dirus dirus to be 68 kg (150 lb).[18] Another study proposed that the increased stress caused in the humerus when running at maximum speed may have imposed a biomechanical upper limit on the body mass for Canis dirus dirus to be 110 kg (240 lb).[32] In comparison, the mean body mass of the extant gray wolf was 40 kg (88 lb) (with the smallest specimen recorded at 12 kg (26 lb) and the largest at 80 kg (176 lb)).[18][33][34][35][36] The figures indicate that on average dire wolves were the same size as the Yukon wolf (Canis lupus pambasileus) and the Northwestern wolf (Canis lupus occidentalis),[19] with the largest individuals possibly exceeding this size.[18]
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bad Penny II

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 28, 2016, 01:27:10 AM
Yeah, that Arya is growing up to be quite the little sociopath,

She cares.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 28, 2016, 12:48:36 AM
Quote from: Ali on June 27, 2016, 08:52:00 PM
BCE - I was thinking that too, Jaime will end up killing Cersai, possibly because she actually did what the Mad King set out to do, and because she drove their last living child to suicide. I think now that she doesn't have anyone else she truly loves except maybe Jaime (does she truly love him? I'm not sure) she's even more dangerous than before.

I've never been convinced that Cersei truly loved Jaime -- at least, not as himself.  I think she only loves him as an extension of herself, which I think is the same way she loved her children.  They were all just reflections in a mirror for her.

Has anyone truly loved anyone long scale?
After a fashion might be workable.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

This showed up on my Facebook feed. :lol: Canada builds a wall.

Asmodean

Ah, yes, but is Canada supposed to be the kingdoms of Westeros or the Greyly-evil frozen race of which The Asmo, who is about to wash off the spray tan in disgust, approves?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Don't know if this has already been posted here...

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

I can't wait for Season 7, but wonder what I'm going to fill the GoT-sized hole in my heart with once it's finished.  There's the next two books to look forward to, if they're finished in the next decade, that is.  ::)

xSilverPhinx

GoT theme song, Indian version.

One is an iPad but I have no idea what the other instrument is.  :???:

Sandra Craft

^^^  Neat!  Isn't the next season supposed to start up soon?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 17, 2017, 01:34:02 AM
^^^  Neat!  Isn't the next season supposed to start up soon?

"Soon" is relative. When you're eagerly anticipating something, "soon" takes forever.

Only in July (16th). :pensive:

xSilverPhinx

Sandra Craft

You know, I really don't know if Daenerys would be a good ruler or not, but I just can't see how anyone with three dragons at her command could possibly lose.  The Mountain would be roasted alive in his tin can, the White Walkers would be melted in an instant, every human would be kindling and their forts and cities bonfires. 

My ideal ending is that Dany and Jon team up, Jaime turns coat and everyone else is very soundly defeated.  If Tyrion becomes the Hand of the Queen, that will be the cherry on the cupcake for me.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

I don't know if Daenerys has the temperament to be a good ruler, is she too much like her mad father? All that inbreeding, you know...Maybe, maybe not. We shall see.

As for Jon, after seeing him in the Battle of the Bastards (when Rickon was killed by Ramsay), I don't think he has military skills necessary to be a warrior king.

Cersei Lannister is just plain nuts, I don't think she stands a chance.

My prediction: Daenarys will win the Iron Throne and allow Jon to be King in the North. 

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 25, 2017, 01:12:44 AM
I don't know if Daenerys has the temperament to be a good ruler, is she too much like her mad father? All that inbreeding, you know...Maybe, maybe not. We shall see.

As for Jon, after seeing him in the Battle of the Bastards (when Rickon was killed by Ramsay), I don't think he has military skills necessary to be a warrior king.

Cersei Lannister is just plain nuts, I don't think she stands a chance.

My prediction: Daenarys will win the Iron Throne and allow Jon to be King in the North.

Cersei is the Donald of Westeros.  Jon and Dany will both need more seasoned people to guide them.  Fingers are crossed (ahem) that Davos enters the picture somewhere.  Maybe he could be the Northern Hand while Tyrion is the Southern Hand?
Sandy