News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 04, 2022, 01:53:55 PMI hope you get over it soon, Tank. My experience with the NHS during my 10 days in Charing Cross Hospital was a good one as well.

Glad you were well looked after :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on May 04, 2022, 04:20:31 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on May 04, 2022, 01:53:55 PMI hope you get over it soon, Tank. My experience with the NHS during my 10 days in Charing Cross Hospital was a good one as well.

Glad you were well looked after :)

Yes, and I have fond memories of the swarms of fetching Filipino nurses who took good care of me. There were also one or two good female ones.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Well today had a very pretty Indian lady strip me to the waist and smear lubricant all over my chest. The ultrasound went fine.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

last time i spent any time in a hospital was from dengue fever i got camping in the orang asli reserve in malaya

multicultural. you could specify indian, chinese, malay, or european food. i usually ate chinese at home and the indian was really good curry so thats what i generally got.

tried european once and they gave me boiled leeks.

i dont like hospitals. hope uoure out ofvthere soon

set the function, not the mechanism.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on May 04, 2022, 05:48:12 PMWell today had a very pretty Indian lady strip me to the waist and smear lubricant all over my chest. The ultrasound went fine.

Glad to hear that the ultrasound went well. Hopefully you're on the mend!
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

On the mend. All the infection markers are down and dropping. Just a question of when they let me out. 2 to 3 weeks by the look of it.

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

Recusant

Quote from: Tank on May 04, 2022, 04:17:52 PM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on May 04, 2022, 01:57:25 PMHoly Smokes! I was wondering where you were. Get well soon!

First my laptop died and then this happened. So a perfect storm of shite!

There isn't much I can do but sit here and suck up the antibiotics until they can't culture any pathogens from the blood they take.

Glad your medical mystery seems well on its way to being irrelevant. Also glad that the little monsters you've been entertaining are not too resistant to the treatment you've been getting.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Anne D.

Chiming in late to say that it's very good to hear you're on the mend, Tank, and that you'll be getting to go home before long. I hope the hospital staff are doting on you.

And it's very cool to see you posting again, Buddy!  :)

hermes2015

I am happy to hear that you will be back with us soon, Tank. I was wondering whether you may have picked up a bug along with the trash you gather from time to time in your neighbourhood.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 08, 2022, 04:32:37 AMI am happy to hear that you will be back with us soon, Tank. I was wondering whether you may have picked up a bug along with the trash you gather from time to time in your neighbourhood.

I could have done but this was just in my back garden.

Tank

Quote from: Anne D. on May 08, 2022, 03:59:39 AMChiming in late to say that it's very good to hear you're on the mend, Tank, and that you'll be getting to go home before long. I hope the hospital staff are doting on you.

And it's very cool to see you posting again, Buddy!  :)

Thank you 😊

Biggus Dickus

Hey Tank,

I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick, and hospitalized for so long, yuck... :(

Sounds like you are doing well though, and under good care so I wish you a very quick recovery, and hope things improve quickly.

Tonight I will offer up some fresh pasta sauce, and vegan meatballs in your honor to the the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster, may His Noodly Appendage grant you a speedy recovery. :spock:
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus

Stumbled across this almost humorous exchange.  Kinda funny but potentially serious.

Surely a bullshit video but funny anyway. I do not think that a U.S. Navy fleet commander would be so ill informed about his location.

Dark Lightning

Yeah, that's BS, but it's cute.