News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

UK experience with the Covid vaccine

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, December 03, 2020, 03:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Tank or anyone from the UK, have you received the vaccine?  Are there any reports on how many are taking advantage of it?  I assume health care workers and at-risk folks get it first, correct?

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 03, 2020, 03:28:10 PM
Tank or anyone from the UK, have you received the vaccine?  Are there any reports on how many are taking advantage of it?  I assume health care workers and at-risk folks get it first, correct?

The first doses arrived today and could be administered as soon as tomorrow. And you're correct about the roll out plan.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

I'd be curious to find out how well it rolls out. It will probably be smoothly. I'm looking at it as something the US will eventually have to do.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

Quote from: Randy on December 04, 2020, 12:27:53 AM
I'd be curious to find out how well it rolls out. It will probably be smoothly. I'm looking at it as something the US will eventually have to do.

If it is smooth it'll be the first thing this government has ever done right  >:(
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Ecurb Noselrub

The first vaccines arrived at my hospital today, and vaccines start immediately.  So far, going smoothly.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 15, 2020, 05:02:15 PM
The first vaccines arrived at my hospital today, and vaccines start immediately.  So far, going smoothly.

Great news. Do you have a date yet?

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tank on December 15, 2020, 05:42:18 PM

Great news. Do you have a date yet?

No, I'm not in contact with patients and work at home. I've been assured that I will get it, but it may be February.

Randy

That's good to hear. Maybe this time next year we won't need the masks.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg