News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on September 18, 2021, 06:50:44 AM
i guess iam out of touch

No, I think it's just better known in British or former British oriented countries.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

No one

Norma Snockers is close with Dixie Normus.

billy rubin

nevermind my wife expained it to me

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

friday i pick up a load of absorbant wood pellets to go to nebraska on monday

sunday at 1700 they call me up, can we get you to go to new york theyre havinbg an emergency we'll pay you extra

i explain that if i leave at 1700 illl get there about n1300 tomorrow, because most of my time tonight will be finding a place to park the truck after its dark. ill get there about 1300 tomoorow\

if i leave at 0600 or so tomorrow ill not need to park anywhere and ill get there abiout 1300 tomorrow

mostly its just that i do not want to be the go-to guy to cut my home time short in an emergency.

phooey on emergenceies.

Biggus Dickus

I normally really enjoy fall here in Michigan, but this year I've been feeling somewhat depressed about it. Maybe because it's been overcast and raining on and off for the last 7 bloody days, I truly miss seeing the sun.

So I suppose if the suns does comes out, and it might tomorrow, and I can then get outside and take a nice long bike ride so my mood might change. (So I'm not really grumpy, just more like blahhhhh....)

I also just washed a bunch of my fall shirts, and they are now hanging to dry (You never put dress/button shirts in the dryer, just an FYI...), and I put away a bunch of my summer shirts, so that's probably not helping my feelings and thoughts about the fall...I even hung a fall jacket up in the hallway in preparation for colder weather...ugh.

Next month I turn 57, not too old I guess, but not very young anymore either...they say the 50's are the "Teenage Years" of old age, and I can't really disagree with that notion.  We have some older friends in their 60's and they's made comments like, "Oh your are young, and still learning the ropes of aging, wait another 8 years and you'll see what we mean"!

I did just have my annual physical, and my doctor told me I was in excellent health, so I am really grateful for that (This bit of information is really encouraging, as my father, and his father both passed away at the age of 63, and my father's brother was in his 50's...so I continue to eat well and exercise every day)

I do worry sometimes though, like what if something happens to me, and I pass away...I mean who will clean out the dryer vent, or run the garage disposal?

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on October 08, 2021, 03:06:58 PM
I normally really enjoy fall here in Michigan, but this year I've been feeling somewhat depressed about it. Maybe because it's been overcast and raining on and off for the last 7 bloody days, I truly miss seeing the sun.

So I suppose if the suns does comes out, and it might tomorrow, and I can then get outside and take a nice long bike ride so my mood might change. (So I'm not really grumpy, just more like blahhhhh....)

I also just washed a bunch of my fall shirts, and they are now hanging to dry (You never put dress/button shirts in the dryer, just an FYI...), and I put away a bunch of my summer shirts, so that's probably not helping my feelings and thoughts about the fall...I even hung a fall jacket up in the hallway in preparation for colder weather...ugh.

Next month I turn 57, not too old I guess, but not very young anymore either...they say the 50's are the "Teenage Years" of old age, and I can't really disagree with that notion.  We have some older friends in their 60's and they's made comments like, "Oh your are young, and still learning the ropes of aging, wait another 8 years and you'll see what we mean"!

I did just have my annual physical, and my doctor told me I was in excellent health, so I am really grateful for that (This bit of information is really encouraging, as my father, and his father both passed away at the age of 63, and my father's brother was in his 50's...so I continue to eat well and exercise every day)

I do worry sometimes though, like what if something happens to me, and I pass away...I mean who will clean out the dryer vent, or run the garage disposal?
:therethere:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Wife: Hey Papasito, do you remember Dune?
Bruno: Of course, are you referring to the book or one of the theatrical releases?
Wife: Movie, it came out in nineteen eighty something I think?
Bruno: It was released in 1984. Directed and written by David Lynch, it starred Kyle MacLachlan as Paul Atreides.
Wife:  Wasn't Sting in that movie?
Bruno: Yes he was, he played Feyd-Rautha, who is the nephew, and heir of Baron Vladimir Harkonnen of House Harkonnen.
Wife: Right, thank you. When's my birthday?
Bruno:
Wife: When's my birthday Papasito?
Bruno:
Bruno: Happy b-
Wife: It was yesterday!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on October 18, 2021, 07:00:51 PM
Bruno: Of course, are you referring to the book or one of the theatrical releases?
Bruno: It was released in 1984. Directed and written by David Lynch, it starred Kyle MacLachlan as Paul Atreides.
Bruno: Yes he was, he played Feyd-Rautha, who is the nephew, and heir of Baron Vladimir Harkonnen of House Harkonnen.
Bruno:
Bruno:

And you are still alive to post that. What's life like in the dog house? :rofl:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on October 18, 2021, 07:00:51 PM
Bruno:
Bruno:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

My brother had surgery today. After his accident the brace they put him in wasn't supportive enough and the fracture was beginning to sever his spine. He's not paralyzed but I still don't like the idea. I really love my brother.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on October 19, 2021, 04:44:24 AM
My brother had surgery today. After his accident the brace they put him in wasn't supportive enough and the fracture was beginning to sever his spine. He's not paralyzed but I still don't like the idea. I really love my brother.

I hope it all goes well.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on October 19, 2021, 10:13:38 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on October 19, 2021, 04:44:24 AM

I hope it all goes well.

Me too. Let us know how it went.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

ouch. hope it works better after

billy rubin

damn it

parked at a truckstop in indiana

my fuel card wont work and i cant go anywhere. i do NOT want to run out of fuel in the middle of chicago's multilane rat maze and have to deal with that.

nobody can fix a fuel card at 0400 in tbe morning, so this messes up my schedule