News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Christian Nonduality

Started by Me_Be, March 16, 2024, 10:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me_Be

Quote from: zorkan on April 18, 2024, 02:02:52 PMYeah, scrap the religion section and religion with it.
Religion means living in fear for the rest of your life.
Philosophy is dead (Stephen Hawking).
Everything it has ever presented has been proved false.

Scrapping the story that humanity has assumed it, itself has written, is likened or compared to a dream, and nothing ever happened in a dream.

So Who or What is this 'you' without the attachment to story?
Scrapping you're story, is the end of Authorship, the end of belief in Authorship. The end of 'you' and 'me' the end of every-one who believes in Authorship.

Reality has no Author, no Copyright. . except in this conception, the greatest story; no one ever wrote, or heard, or told.

Reality is unwritten; that which is eternal and unreality, or illusion, is that which is temporary.
Note that illusion does exist, but it is unreal in the sense that it's not eternal.

Corinthians 4:18. New International Version.

18 ''So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.''

Compared with...

''Those who are seers of the truth have concluded that of the non-existent [the visible material body] there is no endurance and of the eternal [the invisible spirit soul] there is no change. This they have concluded by studying the nature of both. '' ~ Bhagavad Gita
''It's no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk''

"she was completely whole
and yet never fully complete"
― Maquita Donyel Irvin

zorkan

From Buddhism, a godless religion:
The material world only exists because of consciousness.

"Once in Hawaii I was taken to see a Buddhist temple. In the temple a man said, "I am going to tell you something that you will never forget." And then he said, "To every man is given the key to the gates of heaven. The same key opens the gates of hell."
― Richard P. Feynman, The Meaning of It All: Thoughts of a Citizen-Scientist.

https://newhumanist.org.uk/articles/4021/the-dark-side-of-buddhism

"I remember one student who was having problems memorising material for tests. Distraught, she went to the monks who explained to her that she was having such trouble now because, in a past life, she was a murderous dictator who burned books, and so now, in this life, she is doomed to forever be learning challenged."

The dark side of us all is that we are just a collection of assembled waves and particles.
(Being miserable keeps me happy}.

From far, from eve and morning
     And yon twelve-winded sky,
The stuff of life to knit me
     Blew hither: here am I.

A E Housman, poet.

Me_Be

Quote from: zorkan on April 19, 2024, 12:20:26 PMFrom Buddhism, a godless religion:
The material world only exists because of consciousness.
Yes.

The material world; is an imaged projection of imageless consciousness. The same but different stuff (our) apparent dreams are made of.

Quote from: zorkan on April 19, 2024, 12:20:26 PMThe dark side of us all is that we are just a collection of assembled waves and particles.

From the internet/inner-net.
''Indeed, we are. The intricate dance of atoms and electrons forms the very fabric of our existence. From the majestic galaxies to the tiniest particles, the universe weaves its cosmic ballet. Each atom, with its nucleus at the center and electrons whirling around like celestial dancers, contributes to the grand symphony of reality.

In this cosmic choreography:

Protons and neutrons huddle together in the atomic nucleus, bound by the strong force.
Electrons, the ethereal troubadours, flit around the nucleus, their paths governed by quantum probabilities.
Energy levels dictate where these electrons can pirouette, creating the mesmerizing patterns we call chemical bonds.
Molecules, those harmonious ensembles of atoms, join hands to form everything from water to DNA.''

Quote from: zorkan on April 19, 2024, 12:20:26 PM(Being miserable keeps me happy}.

I'm happy being unhappy, and if that makes me sound like a misery guts, then I'm happy with that too. I have no particular preference to-be or not to-be; for I have no control to make what happens unhappen.

There is nothing making happening happen; nor is there anything to make what happens unhappen.

― Maquita Donyel Irvin

zorkan

"The material world; is an imaged projection of imageless consciousness. The same but different stuff (our) apparent dreams are made of."

Nope. The material world comes from the Higgs Field.
https://www.waldorflibrary.org/journals/22-research-bulletin/1199-autumnwinter-2012-volume-17-2-higgs-field-and-a-view-of-the-material-world-that-makes-sense

"I'm happy being unhappy, and if that makes me sound like a misery guts, then I'm happy with that too. I have no particular preference to-be or not to-be; for I have no control to make what happens unhappen.
There is nothing making happening happen; nor is there anything to make what happens unhappen."

Or, everything is in the past and the future never comes.
Trying to force happiness on yourself is certain to lead to unhappiness.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/happiness-secret-why-miserable-unhappy-ok-mental-health-depression-anxiety-a7837481.html

Humans are waves.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2020/08/19/in-quantum-physics-even-humans-act-as-waves/?sh=40ced635312c

Me_Be

Quote from: zorkan on April 21, 2024, 05:22:03 PMThe material world comes from the Higgs Field.
https://www.waldorflibrary.org/journals/22-research-bulletin/1199-autumnwinter-2012-volume-17-2-higgs-field-and-a-view-of-the-material-world-that-makes-sense
Fair enough. There is a field theory. So is this field conscious of itself? I mean what's viewing the field? what part does consciousness play into the equation of the field theory of reality?

Quote from: zorkan on April 21, 2024, 05:22:03 PMOr, everything is in the past and the future never comes.
Trying to force happiness on yourself is certain to lead to unhappiness.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/happiness-secret-why-miserable-unhappy-ok-mental-health-depression-anxiety-a7837481.html

Thanks for posting the link. I've not heard that said before, but I am delighted, it's as though I was reading my exact same thoughts, it made my day even happier.  :)  8)

Quote from: zorkan on April 21, 2024, 05:22:03 PMHumans are waves.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2020/08/19/in-quantum-physics-even-humans-act-as-waves/?sh=40ced635312c

Okay, thanks.

Can I just ask...This assembling of all the named molecules and chemistry that just happened to have made up the material world as we know it to be.... Was all that just an accidental, opportunistic, spontaneous event...or will we never know for absolute certainty why there is something rather than nothing question?

― Maquita Donyel Irvin

zorkan

Quote from: Me_Be on April 22, 2024, 10:18:15 AMCan I just ask...This assembling of all the named molecules and chemistry that just happened to have made up the material world as we know it to be.... Was all that just an accidental, opportunistic, spontaneous event...or will we never know for absolute certainty why there is something rather than nothing question?
Ask me a difficult one.
As there are no absolutes we will never know.
Maybe when we capture one of those aliens who invade our airspace we could ask it.
Meanwhile, your guess is as good as mine.