Principal Proclivity: Procrastination Problem Persists

Started by xSilverPhinx, November 18, 2018, 08:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

oooh

yes it iz.

when im on my own time, i generally leave my telephone sitting on a desk, and go about my life without it.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on February 07, 2020, 05:55:23 PM
oooh

yes it iz.

when im on my own time, i generally leave my telephone sitting on a desk, and go about my life without it.

That behaviour is totally alien to me. My phone is an extension of me -- I'm basically a cyborg. :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

xSilverPhinx

Davin

I have a bunch of lists on my phone. I don't like timers/reminders because they're annoying, so I use them rarely. I'm great as making and organizing lists. I've gotten good at following through with some of those lists too. It's just that some things never make it to the top.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Clock's ticking and I can't get my act together.  :( I have till the end of the month to turn in my thesis.

Davin

I found the cure for it, I don't know why I didn't try it myself. Took until someone told me.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on February 10, 2020, 07:31:19 PM
I found the cure for it, I don't know why I didn't try it myself. Took until someone told me.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

:grin:

billy rubin

i had a difficult time getting my palaeontology thesis out. my profezsor was a procrastinator, and took way too much time reviewing draftz. i had a job offer 1500 milez away and a deadline.

eventually i just left, worked at tge job for a year and flew back for the defense. me actually juzt leaving finally got him moving.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on February 10, 2020, 08:22:26 PM
i had a difficult time getting my palaeontology thesis out. my profezsor was a procrastinator, and took way too much time reviewing draftz. i had a job offer 1500 milez away and a deadline.

eventually i just left, worked at tge job for a year and flew back for the defense. me actually juzt leaving finally got him moving.

Yeah...I don't know if I'll even be able to wait for my professor to review my final draft. He's abroad and only returns on the 20th.

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 10, 2020, 08:32:37 PM

Yeah...I don't know if I'll even be able to wait for my professor to review my final draft. He's abroad and only returns on the 20th.

Do you need time off from HAF?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on February 10, 2020, 09:07:07 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 10, 2020, 08:32:37 PM

Do you need time off from HAF?

I'm trying to control it without having to be that drastic. :P Besides HAF there are other distractions such as Youtube and Netflix so if I can't find it within me to manage my time better nothing will change. :sad sigh:

billy rubin

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on February 10, 2020, 11:19:00 PM
turn your phone off and put in a drawer

The problem isn't really the phone. I use my computer a lot (especially to research and write my draft) and distraction is just a click away. :sad sigh:

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.