News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Should We Talk About The Government

Started by Bad Penny II, April 30, 2016, 04:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

That's true Billy. I don't read the news much now. I only did during the election and the aftermath. Afterward there's just not much that interests me in the outside world since my world is mostly my room.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tom62

I think the best thing to do is what my wife's therapist does. She was getting totally depressed from news on (social) media. Her solution, she stopped completely with Facebook and watching news on TV and reading newspapers. Her husband acts like a news filter instead. Every evening she asks him whether there is some worthwhile news, that she'd need to know about. If that is the case, she'll inform herself.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on March 17, 2021, 06:56:44 AM
I think the best thing to do is what my wife's therapist does. She was getting totally depressed from news on (social) media. Her solution, she stopped completely with Facebook and watching news on TV and reading newspapers. Her husband acts like a news filter instead. Every evening she asks him whether there is some worthwhile news, that she'd need to know about. If that is the case, she'll inform herself.

Could be interesting.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

Biden does have an immigration problem. He will need to devote a lot of attention to this in the coming months.  Just telling migrants from Central America to "stay home" is not going to work.  I did not want a wall, I did not want kids separated from parents and kept in cages, and I do want a rational policy to deal with petitions to enter.  But Biden has to show he can secure the border and allow an orderly process of immigration to take place. I don't want a lock-down but I don't want a flood, either.  I hope he can get a handle on it.

billy rubin

aha

here's the answer to news, straight off th einternet.

i would put CNN and america's national public radio a notch to the left, personally.  and i would downgrade fox news as more sensatioal, because of it's tabloid tone.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Randy

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 17, 2021, 04:39:28 PM
Biden does have an immigration problem. He will need to devote a lot of attention to this in the coming months.  Just telling migrants from Central America to "stay home" is not going to work.  I did not want a wall, I did not want kids separated from parents and kept in cages, and I do want a rational policy to deal with petitions to enter.  But Biden has to show he can secure the border and allow an orderly process of immigration to take place. I don't want a lock-down but I don't want a flood, either.  I hope he can get a handle on it.
I'm curious as to how he's going to handle all that. It seems like a superhuman feat.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg