News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on April 29, 2022, 12:08:29 AMnew ones dont work either

I can still see my letters one I posted yesterday, but not your new one.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

i saw a snippet of this and then located the whole thong. impressive in concept and execution

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

I've been bogged down in some attempts to explain the realities of engineering to the faithful of the more conspiratorial persuasion, but I tend to be a little on the difficult side to follow for people who don't find it easy to imagine theory in practice. This guy has a nice and practical way of approaching things, and not just the perpetual motion generator-motor pairs. I recommend.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

An interesting talk on Strange Materials by Mark Miodownik.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Asmodean

The Bootneck can be a bit on the spicy side, but The Asmo supports his message.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding.

hermes2015

I have admired Rabbi Jonathan Sacks (Baron Sacks of Aldgate in the City of London) for many years. When I drive I always listen to our local Jewish radio station, and if I am lucky, I will catch one of their broadcasts of the talks he recorded for the BBC. He is a voice of reason, expressed in that wonderful speaking voice.

― Charles Eames

Icarus

billy rubin

amazing

i guess it wont work with running chain

Tank

Apparently there is some amazing maths involved in describing that trick.

billy rubin

it makes an intuitive sense, to ma anyway in looking at the way a truck with ackerman steering has a slow rate of angular displcement while reversing at first, but as the angle between the original path and the reversing path increases the rate of change of that angle also increases.

but i cant remember the calculus i tried to learn in school so maybe thats all BS