News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Why God?

Started by Tank, September 04, 2011, 10:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Bluenose on September 02, 2020, 09:02:37 AM
Quote from: Tank on September 02, 2020, 08:16:45 AM
Quote from: Bluenose on September 02, 2020, 01:45:51 AM
Quote from: Randy on September 01, 2020, 04:39:04 PM
And people really believes this tripe? I knew that some conspiracy theories were way out there but this one takes the cake.

It's no more stupid than believing 5G causes Covid 19.  But then the idiots will believe almost anything it seems...

Drop bears?

Yeah, but Drop Bears are REAL!!! ::)

Can confirm, Bluenose showed me a picture of one!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

God plays around with his toys about this time of year.  An annual phenomena is called the Christmas Star.  It is an unusually bright object in the sky. Christians see it as a sign of............whatever they want it to be.

It is not a star at all. It is the conjunction of two planets, Saturn and Jupiter.   This year, on or about December 21 the "star" will be as near a perfect conjunction as has happened in 800 years.  One planet will hide neatly behind the other and together they will produce a brilliant image in the southern sky.  ( southern sky....depending where you are on our pale blue marble)

Astrology types might become flummoxed

Recusant

Thread split here. For commentary speculating on atheism as an unrecognised disability and responses thereto see the Anteroom board. Or not.  :lol:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dark Lightning

:???: I figure that the Dump for Crazy Troll Posts would be the destination.  ;)

Recusant

Nobody expects the Anteroom.  :snicker1:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

No one

Tank likes the anteroom, too bad you can't torquemada moving threads there.

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote from: Tank on September 04, 2011, 10:37:08 AM
Why God?

Almost all of us feel material dualism or a body/soul reality is what we are living.

We have an ideal or fittest material human in mind,  and it would seem to follow that we would also have an ideal or fittest soul theory n mind.

Do you think in body/soul terms?

Regards
DL 

billy rubin

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on December 10, 2021, 10:38:52 PM
Why God?

Almost all of us feel material dualism or a body/soul reality is what we are living.

We have an ideal or fittest material human in mind,  and it would seem to follow that we would also have an ideal or fittest soul theory n mind.

Regards
DL

hey gnostic

pleased to meet you.

you didnt direct your question to me but i am curious.

why do you think people feel a body/soul duality?

it does not appear to be my experience

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

I am not at all conscious of any sort of body/soul relationship. I submit that there are far more of us than religious people are capable of recognizing.  The body/soul belief is probably a source of comfort to adherents of religious faiths.

That subject could easily become the source of a lengthy philosophic exchange.   

Icarus

Here is a semi-interesting read about people who are pretty sure of the body soul thing.  If nothing else, their village is a quaint and neatly kept place to practice the medium craft.   (Vid dredged from my continuously expanding E mail in box.)     

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/spiritualism-medium-test-lily-dale?utm_source=Atlas+Obscura+Daily+Newsletter&utm_campaign=d6d905c3dc-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2021_12_10&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f36db9c480-d6d905c3dc-70717773&mc_cid=d6d905c3dc&mc_eid=3b6a429c72raft.
inbox

billy rubin

cant read it through the ads, icarus

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Old Seer

Why God?

Regards
DL
It may depend upon one's perspective of reality, or who's reality one is drawn to or agrees with. This should be taken to the anteroom, I think. For me the anteroom show up only if I'm logged in.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote from: billy rubin on December 10, 2021, 11:01:22 PM
Why God?

Regards
DL

hey gnostic

pleased to meet you.

you didnt direct your question to me but i am curious.

why do you think people feel a body/soul duality?

it does not appear to be my experience

Ditto on the greetings buddy.

I am going by what I see around me as well as the stats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IqYHiejTVM

I see religions using our ways of thinking against us. Especially when the religious get to young minds and corrupt them with supernatural beliefs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWx_uVDh4Cw&t=134s

Regards
DL

billy rubin

so what exactly is a body/soul duality?