Main Menu

A Game of Thrones (Full of spoilers!)

Started by Sandra Craft, May 28, 2012, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 07, 2016, 09:18:46 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on June 07, 2016, 10:44:21 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 07, 2016, 09:53:32 AM
*Arya's another tough little nut, tho it was weird how she could walk around that busy market openly bleeding without a remark from anyone about it.
That I can buy. The walking around with at least one fatal wound part though... Not so much.

Yeah, particularly after that dip in what was probably filth infested waters.  Still, walking around bleeding and nobody so much as gasps or yells "holy crap"?
Welcome to the alternative universe Dark Ages Europe.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 07, 2016, 09:27:40 PM
I guess it's because such sights would be a commonplace occurrence.

Quote from: Asmodean on June 07, 2016, 09:42:45 PM
Welcome to the alternative universe Dark Ages Europe.

Yeah.  I get the feeling I'd last about 5 seconds in such a world.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Claireliontamer

I'm a late joiner to this thread, have been trying to avoid the spoilers but I've now finally caught up to the present day so can read safely :)

My favourite characters are Tyrion, Arya and Bronn.  I find it really odd that Jerome Flynn of 'Soldier soldier' fame plays Bronn.  I don't know if that show made it out of the UK but I loved it back in the day and had a huge crush on Paddy (Jerome's character), especially when they sang this in the show:

Sandra Craft

The other guy is Robson Green, right?  Love him too.
Sandy

Claireliontamer

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 07, 2016, 11:33:06 PM

He is, Jerome was always my favourite though.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Claireliontamer on June 08, 2016, 07:44:41 AM

Altho I've watched my share of British TV, I wasn't aware of either one of them until about 5 yrs ago.  I think it's fair to say that Jerome Flynn has a whole new raft of fans since his Bronn role.
Sandy

Claireliontamer

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 08, 2016, 08:20:22 PM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on June 08, 2016, 07:44:41 AM

Altho I've watched my share of British TV, I wasn't aware of either one of them until about 5 yrs ago.  I think it's fair to say that Jerome Flynn has a whole new raft of fans since his Bronn role.

Jerome Flynn has had an interesting life.  He and Robson Green made Simon Cowell his first million apparently, they wee a huge chart success here in the 90s on the back of the song in Soldier Soldier.  He then gave up acting and joined some kind of religious sect in Wales and got duped into giving loads of money to a crook of a business man, now he's back in one of the biggest shows again. 

xSilverPhinx

I'm curious to see what the next episode has in store. :popcorn:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

The Asmo's List™ has changed slightly. (It's a matter of degrees, mostly, not complete crossovers... With an exception or two.)

The murderously-wise The Hound is just adorable. He may live.
The deviously-scheming assassin-guy may live as well. He's... Interesting.
The ex-queen may live... By a hair. That hair will become a rope if she arranges a suitably gruesome death for the praise-be-the-LORD-hobo.
The tall knight-lady had her weakest episode up to this point. her standing in The Book of Asmo is damaged, but she's still on the let-live list.

Arya has marginally made it onto the death list. Mostly because of the "just fucking no" factor.
The one-armed Lannister guy is starting to annoy me. Killing time. (although highly unlikely. I peg that one for a death by the Walkers™, perhaps even The Überwalker™)
Tommen needs to go as well. Burned to death, methink.
Also, the Mountain-zombie. He's a bit of a game-breaker.

No change to the rest (Mostly because The Dwarf is still The Dwarf™ and the rest have not really been IN the episode or... Died.)
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Asmodean on June 13, 2016, 09:49:22 PM
The Asmo's List™ has changed slightly. (It's a matter of degrees, mostly, not complete crossovers... With an exception or two.)

The murderously-wise The Hound is just adorable. He may live.
Hooray!  I love the Hound, he's just so damn straight-forward.

QuoteThe deviously-scheming assassin-guy may live as well. He's... Interesting.
Bronn?  A huge fan favorite as well, tho I know that means nothing to Your Grayness.  Another character we can always trust to speak the unvarnished truth.

Edited because I just realized you might mean Jaquen, the priest of the Faceless God.  He's definitely got nooks and crannies.

QuoteThe ex-queen may live... By a hair. That hair will become a rope if she arranges a suitably gruesome death for the praise-be-the-LORD-hobo.
Grumble.  Fine, tho I'd prefer to see a murder/suicide between them.

QuoteThe tall knight-lady had her weakest episode up to this point. her standing in The Book of Asmo is damaged, but she's still on the let-live list.
Ahh, you're too unsentimental!  Brienne's scenes with the Blackfish and Pod were touching, and her scenes with Jaime were no end of bittersweet.  I loved her in this episode.

QuoteArya has marginally made it onto the death list. Mostly because of the "just fucking no" factor.
Explain?

QuoteThe one-armed Lannister guy is starting to annoy me. Killing time. (although highly unlikely. I peg that one for a death by the Walkers™, perhaps even The Überwalker™)
I'd prefer it if he'd just get over his sister already and join the Night's Watch, or maybe the Brothers without Banners tho that could cause some problems with the Hound who surely has no love left for Lannisters.

QuoteTommen needs to go as well. Burned to death, methink.
I would agree, but I think Margaery needs him as a figurehead to rule thru.  I think she's the one who is going to get rid of the High Sparrow for you, and she'll probably be manipulating Tommen to do that.

QuoteAlso, the Mountain-zombie. He's a bit of a game-breaker.
I want the Hound to kill him.  I realize they're brothers, but let's face it, of all the Mountain's victims still living, the Hound has the most reason to want him dead.

Sandy

Asmodean

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 13, 2016, 11:11:01 PM
Hooray!  I love the Hound, he's just so damn straight-forward.
Too bad he didn't get to chop even one hand off. That makes The Asmo sad.  :(

Bronn?  A huge fan favorite as well, tho I know that means nothing to Your Grayness.  Another character we can always trust to speak the unvarnished truth.
He didn't get quite enough screen time this episode to affect his standing in The Book of Asmo.

Edited because I just realized you might mean Jaquen, the priest of the Faceless God.  He's definitely got nooks and crannies.
The obviousness of his subtle facial expressions as Aria declared that she was going home does indicate that he has plans, yes?

That would not be unacceptable to The Asmo. Something involving passionate sex, just for the added creepiness.

Ahh, you're too unsentimental!  Brienne's scenes with the Blackfish and Pod were touching, and her scenes with Jaime were no end of bittersweet.  I loved her in this episode.
Yeah... She doesn't do that too well, methink. She's much better at being a knight than a person.

Explain?
She should have bled out and died. Also, I don't buy that The Waif sucked as an assassin quite so badly. Jaquen, or whatever his name is, would probably have gutted Aria like the proverbial fish without breaking his stride.

I'd prefer it if he'd just get over his sister already and join the Night's Watch, or maybe the Brothers without Banners tho that could cause some problems with the Hound who surely has no love left for Lannisters.
That's right, he fucks his sister..! Eww and stuff, but whatever. I think given enough seasons, he will if not join, at least affiliate himself with The Watch... And meet his fate at the end of an ice weapon.

I would agree, but I think Margaery needs him as a figurehead to rule thru.  I think she's the one who is going to get rid of the High Sparrow for you, and she'll probably be manipulating Tommen to do that.
I think she's smart enough to want the religious hobo alive. What's that saying? "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."

I want the Hound to kill him.  I realize they're brothers, but let's face it, of all the Mountain's victims still living, the Hound has the most reason to want him dead.
I think he will, eventually. Unless Game of Thrones writers turn it less predictable, which they migh. I would if I was them.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Asmodean on June 14, 2016, 07:23:00 AM

QuoteEdited because I just realized you might mean Jaquen, the priest of the Faceless God.  He's definitely got nooks and crannies.
The obviousness of his subtle facial expressions as Aria declared that she was going home does indicate that he has plans, yes?

I certainly thought so, and I'm glad to see my thinking is in line with The Asmo.

That would not be unacceptable to The Asmo. Something involving passionate sex, just for the added creepiness.

Or at least the suggestion of same.  Which isn't really so far fetched -- when your default is incest, a religious fanatic probably would qualify as a walk on the wild side for you.

Explain?
She should have bled out and died. Also, I don't buy that The Waif sucked as an assassin quite so badly. Jaquen, or whatever his name is, would probably have gutted Aria like the proverbial fish without breaking his stride.

Oh yeah, that.  That was ridiculously unbelievable.

I think she's smart enough to want the religious hobo alive. What's that saying? "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."

I think she would keep a Faith Militant alive as leader, just not the current High Sparrow.  She needs someone far more mallable and less cunning.  Say what you will about the HS, that man is on his toes.

I think he will, eventually. Unless Game of Thrones writers turn it less predictable, which they migh. I would if I was them.

This is one of my "personal satisfaction" scenarios.  Hound kills Mountain, Sansa kills Ramsey, Arya finishes her list, etc.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on June 13, 2016, 09:49:22 PM
Arya has marginally made it onto the death list. Mostly because of the "just fucking no" factor.

Why Arya is one of my favourite characters, this episode has left me staggered with disbelief. Running through the streets like that with the kind of wound she had suffered, I think no amount of adrenaline would have allowed anybody to achieve that.

It's great that she killed The Waif though, I felt really sorry to see the actress who helped Arya dispatched in such a way. 

What was all that about Jaquen saying that Arya was finally no one? I don't get it. If they were as good at mind-reading and lie sensing as shown in previous episodes, then he would have sensed that Arya was definitely no letting go of who she is.  :scratch: 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 14, 2016, 02:39:19 PM
What was all that about Jaquen saying that Arya was finally no one? I don't get it. If they were as good at mind-reading and lie sensing as shown in previous episodes, then he would have sensed that Arya was definitely no letting go of who she is.  :scratch:
My hypothesis is that being no-one does not require permanently giving up ones identity; they assume identities frequently and strongly enough for them to be their own. I suspect Aria is now a no-one simply because she gave the many-faced God another face to... Do many-faced-God-stuff with. Assassinate your assassin or some such foolery, basically.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 14, 2016, 02:39:19 PM

I don't understand half of what Jaquen says, and The Asmo's explanation makes as much sense as anything else so I'm going with that.

This is why I prefer listening to the Hound, everything he says makes perfect sense:  "Lots of horrible shit in this world gets done for something larger than ourselves".
Sandy