Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Davin

Thanks. I see a lot of good mornings when coming in to work, I hardly ever take a picture though.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

A beautiful autumn day in Seaham on the north east cost of England about 90 miles north of where I live.

Tommy statue
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Red_Cloud

Crikey! That fourth image are my lower dentures I lost in 1986! :o

This is one of my three websites http://portraitsofalpineplants.com/ All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.
I have a Nikon D90 camera with various lenses, a bit dated I know!

I like your photos Tank. What camera system do you have mate?

Tank

Those were a Fujifilm X30.

Main camera is a Sony A68 and various lenses.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Icarus

jumbojak

That's a really cool sculpture. Looks like formed sheet metal stitched together.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: Red_Cloud on September 30, 2019, 09:34:46 PM
Crikey! That fourth image are my lower dentures I lost in 1986! :o

This is one of my three websites http://portraitsofalpineplants.com/ All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.
I have a Nikon D90 camera with various lenses, a bit dated I know!

I like your photos Tank. What camera system do you have mate?

I had a D90 before my current (now oldish) D600. The D90 was a nice camera, except for its high ISO noise in low light scenes. The next one is probably going to be a mirrorless camera.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on September 30, 2019, 10:37:03 PM
That's a really cool sculpture. Looks like formed sheet metal stitched together.

It is. Details can be found in the link at the bottom of the post.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on October 01, 2019, 06:04:36 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on September 30, 2019, 10:37:03 PM

It is. Details can be found in the link at the bottom of the post.

It's also a good photo.
I like the patina that COR-TEN steel develops when exposed to the elements. I've seen it used quite a bit recently in local buildings, even in domestic projects, which makes sense from a maintenance point of view.

https://www.designboom.com/architecture/nico-van-der-meulen-kloof-road-house-johannesburg-south-africa-09-15-2015/
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

I took this close-up photo this morning. Can anyone guess what it is?

The lighting isn't very good - just window light without flash. No lens hood, so the contrast could have been better.
― Charles Eames

Red_Cloud

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 01, 2019, 12:16:27 PM

The lighting isn't very good - just window light without flash. No lens hood, so the contrast could have been better.

Is it some sort of cake or bun?

xSilverPhinx

A raisin?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

Quote from: Red_Cloud on October 01, 2019, 12:27:46 PM

Is it some sort of cake or bun?

It is something many of us eat every day, but smaller than a bun.
― Charles Eames