News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Recent posts

Laid Back Lounge / Re: What's on your mind today?
Last post by Tank - Today at 04:55:04 PM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on Today at 12:43:57 PM...

Does each of those chimneys represent a separate dwelling, and your daughter's place is three normal people's (whose dogs don't have gardens) houses wide?

Good observation. It must be an odd optical illusion as all the houses are the same widths.
I think their is a reality.
I usually find my beer glass where I think I left it.
Religion / Re: Christian Nonduality
Last post by Old Seer - Today at 01:35:06 PM
Reality cannot change. If one thinks it changed then what was wasn't reality. One was/is merely deceived.  :)
Wednesdays are Popoe and Granddaughter days
Years ago I grabbed a bargain, five long sleeve bright green cotton tee shirts for $15, each with an embroidered Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel, where pockets on normal shirts go.
I've taught her to point, textures fascinate.
She loves Cletus.
She has one tooth, two more and she can be a slack jawed yokel too.
Quote from: Tank on May 07, 2024, 11:25:07 AMThe dog on the right is their old dog who never had a garden when he was alive.

Poor old bastard, though no doubt the angels are tossing balls for him till his people join him.

Does each of those chimneys represent a separate dwelling, and your daughter's place is three normal people's (whose dogs don't have gardens) houses wide?

Religion / Re: Christian Nonduality
Last post by Me_Be - Today at 11:35:25 AM
Quote from: Icarus on Today at 01:42:33 AMWhat one believes to be true has nothing to do with reality but to that person his/her truth is indisputable.  We can easily observe that reality within the realm of politics and religion.

I totally agree. 8)

For the observer (I) the known conceptual (I)...it is a fact that as I am looking at something; that act of looking actualises the something as absolutely existing, else I couldn't know it, or speak about it conceptually.
And so the truth of something is always going to be about the self-evidence of I's truth, because  that which is looked at, or looked upon, exists objectively regardless of what the I believes. And so yes, ''belief'' has nothing to do with reality.

Quote from: Icarus on Today at 01:42:33 AMI presume, respectfully, that Me_Be is a well educated Brit who may have been sufficiently insulated from the behaviors and mind sets of the common man.

Well, I know I am self-taught in the subject of nondual discourse.  I made the choice to introspect into the infinite field of potential possibility that is the Self ;) I mean, where else was I going to attain that knowledge, except straight from the sources mouth itself?  ;)

Quote from: Icarus on Today at 01:42:33 AMTry the American MAGA person or the deeply religious ones. They are conditioned to fight you, perhaps even kill you, for doubting or disputing their closely held beliefs. That is absolutely true even if their beliefs are based on absurdity as they often are..

Yes, I agree. We still have to take full responsibility for the beliefs we hold dear to us, taking care not to force them onto someone else; who may or may not share the same belief. Opposing beliefs often manifest the appearance of conflicting energies, where a 'me' verses 'them' mentality may or may not ensue, according to our reactions, of which carry inevitable consequences for the different believers. Any belief clash could bring about a sudden disturbance, where there was none previously, in other words, it takes two to tango, when it comes to belief sharing.

Quote from: Icarus on Today at 01:42:33 AMplease continue. I enjoy your most erudite commentary. 

Thanks.  :)

I can be rather clumsy at putting nonduality into words, but I will venture to try my best, which I understand may be a tad difficult for some people to hear. Why, because it's pointing to the illusory nature of the separate self. Not denying it it's place, it does have a place, but only as a character like in a dream, so all nonduality does, is simply point to the identified character's illusory nature.

Not to confuse the word ''illusory'' as a 'someone' who does not exist, of course there is a 'someone' who exists, that 'someone is reflected back at the observing eye whenever it looks in a  mirror. But the mirror image reflecting back at the observing eye, is never the actual one who is looking. There's never two of us here, there is only one of us here - In other words, there is no one BEING because there is no other than BEING.
History / Re: What's this?
Last post by Tank - Today at 07:34:11 AM
Quote from: Recusant on Today at 03:49:41 AMI don't think the "knitting tool" hypothesis is conclusive. Some of those dodecahedrons are only about 4 centimeters tall (1.5 inches). Seems unlikely that they were knitting gloves for infants (or toddlers for that matter). Some of them are made of stone and solid as well--would not work for the purpose. Then there are the smaller versions made of gold that were found in Asia.

Similarly enigmatic ancient objects: the carved stone balls from the British Isles.

Damn! Spoil sport!  >:(
Laid Back Lounge / Re: What's on your mind today?
Last post by Tank - Today at 07:32:53 AM
Quote from: Icarus on Today at 01:18:23 AMWOW ! Nice work.  A tribute to the dog pleases me.

Her husband cried his eyes out :)
Science / Re: Oral Insulin
Last post by Tank - Today at 07:31:04 AM
Hear hear! No question I would have died of sepsis if it hadn't been for antibiotics.
History / Re: What's this?
Last post by hermes2015 - Today at 05:12:41 AM