News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

icmpeachment of donald john trump

Started by billy rubin, January 14, 2021, 12:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

trump is now impeached.

only afterwards did he putout this really good video trying to revise jhis own history.

https://youtu.be/hDNiNdsPHNA

if only this was true. but trump contradicts his own words and history throughout it, as he throws his supporters under the bus.

he does manage to hold off complaining about losing his twitter account all the way until 4:00

it was very important that trump be held accountable by going forward with an impeachment. without it, trum,p would heve simply revised his interpretation of events and been in the position to re-write the history of last week.

he is now unable to do that, and must react to a public narrative not under his own control, rather than dictating what will be discussed and how

notice how he is concentrating so hard on the teleprompter that he never makes eye contact with the camera.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

Too late Donald!  May you rot in the seventh ring of hell for the damage you have done to my nation and it's people.  You have managed to create a sociological train wreck because of your incessant, destructive, lies.  Please have enough sense to go away so that we can try to forget all the damage that you have done. 

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on January 14, 2021, 12:57:44 AM
Too late Donald!  May you rot in the seventh ring of hell for the damage you have done to my nation and it's people.  You have managed to create a sociological train wreck because of your incessant, destructive, lies.  Please have enough sense to go away so that we can try to forget all the damage that you have done.

Agreed! But just watch. Unless he gets incarcerated, he's going to bloviate until the day he dies.

Ecurb Noselrub

I say let's make some impeach cobbler.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

Oh, man, I'm going to buy some for dinner tomorrow. We'll all get a chuckle out of that, before dinner. But during dinner, there will be no political discussion. That sad sack ruins my appetite.

Recusant

Picayune quibble #37,199 --

If we're going by the mythology as described by Dante, soon-to-be-ex President Trump would seem destined to spend eternity somewhere between the eighth (fraud) and ninth (treachery) circles of Hell. The seventh circle of Hell is for the violent.  (source) :pedant:

As with the sacking of the Capitol itself, the primary value of the impeachment vote of the 13th was that it gave the Republicans a chance to show themselves for what they are. In my opinion.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

i am fascinated. i s just tried to access my state representative's website,and all i get iss acaptcha that scycless twice, and then a message that reads:

The specified URL is inaccessible at this time. Please try after some time.

this is my federal government representative, apparently in hiding from me and other constcituents. he was one of thae ones who voted to overturn the election. he voted against impeachment yesterday.

he's a loyal spear carrier s for the republican party who is in hiss distrcict so rarely that the people in his local office could not remember the last time he swas s in town. his website generally has pictures of a few public events, but he never announces s them in advance or s tells people anythicing about them until theyre over and he's left.

he was installead in s our gerrymandered district a few years back and will stay indeicnitiely until my district is redrawn.  you can drive across an urban democratic district in s ohio icn about half an hour. my district is a seven hour drive from north to south. currently it went for donald trump in 2016 by 17 percentage points.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Randy

I missed four days of news. It didn't take the house long to impeach him. I'm trying to catch up on all that has happened.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Davin

It was a pretty clear cut case. But the more people look into it, the worse it's looking. Some Rep reps had given some of the insurrectionists tours the day before and some Dem reps reported their panic buttons had been removed prior to the raid.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Randy

Davin, I've missed so much. I didn't know about the panic buttons removed.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

Quote from: Randy on January 14, 2021, 03:19:37 PM

To be fair I didn't even know they had panic buttons.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

Quote from: Tank on January 14, 2021, 04:24:28 PM
Quote from: Randy on January 14, 2021, 03:19:37 PM

To be fair I didn't even know they had panic buttons.
Come to think of it, neither did I.

Dark Lightning

I didn't either, but maybe there's a reason not to. Though one must admit that there are some crazy people out there. If the part about that panic buttons is true, there is complicity with law enforcement or something, because when the representative isn't in the office the door should be locked. If so, they probably have electronic badge scanners...and people gaining entry in the few days prior to the insurrection would have that reading on file in the database.