News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

I think Grant is one of the greats, so many listenable songs, sung without resorting to the ubiquitous  American accent.
He deaded in 2006, heart reportedly, he was partial to the heroin.

He calls his other who wants their ring back an Indian giver in a song, shouldn't need the present day ever present so righteous to know that term is problematic.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

billy rubin

Randy

"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

hermes2015

I am not a big Benjamin Britten fan, but I love the Four Sea Interludes from his opera Peter Grimes.

Edward Gardner conducts the BBC Symphony Orchestra.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

This is currently my favourite performance of the Beethoven Triple Concerto. It is playing right now on my big system as I am typing this. Here is the same recording I found on YouTube.

David Zinman conducts the Tonhalle Orchestra Zurich, with Yefim Bronfman (piano ), Gil Shaham (violin), and Truls Mørk (cello).
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Bad Penny II

Bad Penny II

I think we've still got the "should we talk about the weather" thread

The "should we talk about the government" thread got lost somewhere.

Bad Penny II

Bad Penny II

Younger Robbie

Bad Penny II

billy rubin

Tom62

To commemorate George Kooymans, the lead guitarist of the Dutch rock group Golden Earing, this song was played on his 72th birthday (yesterday) at 17:15 everywhere in the Netherlands. On February, 2021, Kooymans announced that he was suffering from ALS and would retire. Shortly afterward, Golden Earring announced they would disband.

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein