News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Argument Against Evil-lution

Started by No one, January 04, 2020, 11:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

Blah, blah, blah, blah. We don't see Cogs or Dats. Dogs do not give birth to cats, cats go not give birth to dogs. Life doesn't miraculously appear in a jar of peanut butter.

This "science" stuff is deceptive and erroneous. It detracts from the divine word and attempts to marginalize the marvel, and wonder, that is the lord almighty.

I mean I couldn't possibly begin to interpret the inner workings of the internal combustion engine, or even how my web browser works, so therefore it must be magic.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, atheists. This case is closed!

Recusant

Given. However, on some occasions a horse led to water will drink. I suppose some people gain satisfaction from that. :lol:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

That's it...I'lll be converting now. Ciao evilutionists!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Yes, it's all so clear, and makes perfect sense!

Though I'm going to have to disagree about life not miraculously appearing in peanut butter.

My personal take is that it would be easier to evolve a beast than to create it whole out of all the stuff.

Old Seer

You're having a problem with evolution because you have the wrong interpretation of the book. There's nothing in the book that has anything for or against evolution. Christianity is not about where  the body or the material universe came from, it's about what manner of person one is. You understand the book from your mental fixation on the material rather then the spiritual. Your lust for material wealth and acquisition is the basis of your relationship with the universe and other people, so, that's the basis of your interpretation. Your mentality (psychology) is the common view of life of the peoples of the planet.
This is why people can't get along with each other, they prefer the body not the person. It's each others body that all are after because through that body is where all  your lusts and understanding and material goods originate. The "other" person is a means of your lust, be it sex and/or material, it's what makes others count to each other.
A Christian is the opposite mentality---the person is regarded first. That makes for different relationship factors in effect. Biblical creation (which you have the wrong interpretation of) is not a creation of a material universe, it's about a specific type of person that is "Adam", which is the same as what Christianity is supposed to be.  All Christianity is, (in it's rightful form)is a different way of seeing people.
You criticize science, but with out science that auto you mentioned wouldn't exist. The laws of physics determine how and why an automobile works. You accept science if it serves your means but reject it on things that material sciences don't apply to. Biblical creation applies to things of psychology not automobiles or evolution. Biblical creation by no means fits any proper processes in the laws of physics, there-fore it has to be something other. The only other would be mental because nothing else exists in the universe other then the material and the mental.
You've got creation wrong. :-)
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Siz

Still on duty, I see?!

Starting to sound a bit... preachy, there, Smurf. Put down your bible and tell us a joke, or post a music video, or something... Show us you're not here just to sell us your ideas.

The more Christians change, the more they stay the same...

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Old Seer

Everyone on this forum exchanges ideas and information.
I'm not a Theist.

Old Seer

Actually, it would be better to reason then argue. Normally, what is, is not normally found by argument, but more so by reason. Argument is a contest that most likely produces a winner that may not have the facts. To often there are two winners that lost the argument.
I'm not a Theist.

xSilverPhinx

Old Seer, I wouldn't take this thread seriously... No one (the OP) is not trying to make a case against evolutionary theory or science. ;)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Old Seer

Quote from: Siz on January 06, 2020, 01:07:56 AM
Still on duty, I see?!

Starting to sound a bit... preachy, there, Smurf. Put down your bible and tell us a joke, or post a music video, or something... Show us you're not here just to sell us your ideas.

The more Christians change, the more they stay the same...
Here ya go, if it works. 

Edited to add YouTube tags. - R
I'm not a Theist.

Dark Lightning

I'd love to argue against the Evil-ution of rhinoviruses. I have a cold that's just plain kicking my ass- starting at my nose.  :zombie2: