News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

"The Terrorism in Jesus' Name"

Started by Sandra Craft, January 10, 2021, 01:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Not about Xtianity directly, but a call to accountability by a Xtian to other Xtians in the wake of the recent coup attempt.  I found it heartening, tho seriously doubt it will do any good.  The people Pavlovitz needs to reach consider him hardly different from an atheist.

The Terrorism in Jesus' Name
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dark Lightning

This is the second article that I have seen with similar intent. And it isn't going to change a thing, sadly. The US needs to get back on track with critical thinking skills. Any time someone wants to pull the wool over someone's eyes, those trained in critical thinking will see the BS. The religious right is pushing Intelligent Design as a wedge issue to further their power. It's a way to destroy critical thinking.

Tank

The reinvention of Christianity continues.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on January 10, 2021, 08:41:45 AM
The reinvention of Christianity continues.

And about time.  I don't think it's possible to turn off religion in peoples minds, so I'll take demilitarizing it instead.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

Pavlovitz describes one of our dishonest propositions. 

I mentioned elsewhere that one of the capitol building invaders was waving a large flag with the lone word Jesus emblazoned thereon. The flag was highly conspicuous in several of the video shots.  That was a sad commentary  on the compassion and claimed brotherly love  of some Christians