News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Started by jumbojak, September 19, 2020, 01:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

2020 just got a lot more interesting.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

One of my revered heroes is gone. I had no idea that I might become teary eyed about the loss of a Supreme Court Judge.
RBG was a tiny little Jewish woman who was in real terms, a giant.  She fought like hell to stay with us until the current presidential election was completed.  She is on record as having said so.

From a hard edged perspective; There are some serious ramifications in play here. Mitch McConnell and the other far right wingers are licking their chops even as I write this sad commentary.  Roe V Wade and all that don't you know.

RIP, RBG.

Bluenose

Naturally Mitch McConnell will apply the same criterion he used to block Barack Obama's nomination in an election year.  Surely he couldn't be so two faced as to waive through a Trump nomination within 60 days of an election...   ::)
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Bluenose on September 19, 2020, 03:56:41 AM
Naturally Mitch McConnell will apply the same criterion he used to block Barack Obama's nomination in an election year.  Surely he couldn't be so two faced as to waive through a Trump nomination within 60 days of an election...   ::)

That sonofabitch is already on record, saying, "This is different". I'd like to gig that sonofabitch like a frog. Or a turtle.  >:(

Bluenose

Quote from: Dark Lightning on September 19, 2020, 04:04:48 AM
Quote from: Bluenose on September 19, 2020, 03:56:41 AM

That sonofabitch is already on record, saying, "This is different". I'd like to gig that sonofabitch like a frog. Or a turtle.  >:(

No surprise there then. :(
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

2020 still hasnt produced

a) a major meterorite impact

b) military action between the united states and iran or china

c) a plague of frogs

but there is still time, you know

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz