News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Police and Deadly Force

Started by Recusant, April 14, 2021, 05:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Agree that Waters should have kept her mouth shut, but unless they can show that this actually affected the verdict, I don't think it will cause the verdict to be overturned.  I hope.

billy rubin

that defense has been used successfully several times, in recent cases where a cop was obviously guilty of excessive force.

its up in the air again.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

Why does Maxine Waters comments have anything to do with the outcome or resolution of the trail?  Why should she have any more influence on the results of the outcome of the trial than i do, or you do ?  Waters got her mouth engaged before her brain was in charge.  She is/was presumably a skilled politician.  I do tend to agree with her 
but not if it  infers violence of any sort.  But then I have never walked a mile  in her moccasins. 

billy rubin

i think shes right too but if chauvin wins on appeal because of her premature mouth i will be pissed off

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tom62

Quote from: billy rubin on April 24, 2021, 03:05:51 AM

i think shes right too but if chauvin wins on appeal because of her premature mouth i will be pissed off

Telling a mob to get more confrontational, if they don't get what they want? That is disgusting! This basically means that she thinks it is OK that the BLM/Antifa mob can use violence, destroy the cities, loot, plunder and burn. These are similar tactics as the Nazi's used in the Germany in the 1930's against the Jewish population.

No, Maxine Waters is a deranged old fart, who should apologise and leave politics.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

Quote from: Tom62 on April 24, 2021, 04:51:30 PM
Quote from: billy rubin on April 24, 2021, 03:05:51 AM

Telling a mob to get more confrontational, if they don't get what they want? That is disgusting!
We had to hear Trump tell his crowd to get confrontational if they don't get what they want for four fucking years.
That was even more  disgusting!

This basically means that she thinks it is OK that the BLM/Antifa mob can use violence, destroy the cities, loot, plunder and burn. These are similar tactics as the Nazi's used in the Germany in the 1930's against the Jewish population.
This basically means that Trump/and all the racist mother fuckers also think it is OK that the Proud Boys/Facist mob can use violence, run over people during a protest, take the Capitol, etc, if they don't get what they want.

No, Maxine Waters is a deranged old fart, who should apologise and leave politics.
Trump is also a deranged old fart, who should apologise and leave this planet.

When minorities get tired of injustices and fight back for their right to live--verbally, they are compared to the tactics Nazi's used in Germany in the 1930's?
Wow.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

well the fact that the murdering bastard got convicted on all three counts is a plus for western civilization. if the conviction sticks it will be a huge step in the right direction. its way past time for american cops to have to consider that they no longer have the authority to kill with impunity.

chauvin's murder was an especially bad case, because he knew what he was doing and didn't let up in the middle of a crowd of people telling him he was killing a man. i don't think he intended for floyd to die, but the important part is that he didn't care whether he did or not.

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on April 25, 2021, 12:43:43 AM
... i don't think he intended for floyd to die, but the important part is that he didn't care whether he did or not.

That, is The important part. That should be the main thing when they are supposed to: "Protect, (life...everyone's) and to serve, everyone, not just some certain people's  interests."

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tom62

Quote from: Magdalena on April 24, 2021, 09:03:56 PM

Telling a mob to get more confrontational, if they don't get what they want? That is disgusting!
We had to hear Trump tell his crowd to get confrontational if they don't get what they want for four fucking years.

That has nothing to do with this particular case. But yes, Trump was also in the wrong. At least he asked his mob to be peaceful. That is unlike Waters, who wanted to see more violence and destruction. At the elections she also told people to harass Trump's followers. So, I think Waters calls for violence is at least as disgusting as Trump's but probably more.
How can the Democrats keep such a hate monger in their party and why are they such hypocrites (seeing only right violence but sweeping left violence under the rug)?

This basically means that she thinks it is OK that the BLM/Antifa mob can use violence, destroy the cities, loot, plunder and burn. These are similar tactics as the Nazi's used in the Germany in the 1930's against the Jewish population.
This basically means that Trump/and all the racist mother fuckers also think it is OK that the Proud Boys/Facist mob can use violence, run over people during a protest, take the Capitol, etc, if they don't get what they want.

You are moving the goalposts again. Trump cannot be hold responsible for the long history of bad cops, shooting and harassing people in the USA.

If at all, people like Waters should be blamed. She is part of the system for many decades. She and her husband profited from that system quite a lot, unlike the people she is supposed to govern. Also, anyone who opposed the left is nowadays a racist or a fascist. These labels have no longer any meaning.
Finally, two wrongs don't make one right.

When minorities get tired of injustices and fight back for their right to live--verbally, they are compared to the tactics Nazi's used in Germany in the 1930's?
Wow.

Yes, if they use violence, destruction and oppression they indeed cross that line. Mob rule is ugly, evil and hurts the cause. Yes, we want less bad cops. But no one, in their right minds, wants (again) entire (black) neighbourhoods being destroyed for many months to come. So, whenever Democratic leaders make any suggestions that violence is allowed then I suggest that their mob destroy their own rich neighbourhoods. I bet that they'll call the police immediately.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

Quote from: Tom62 on April 25, 2021, 07:49:08 AM

That has nothing to do with this particular case. But yes, Trump was also in the wrong. At least he asked his mob to be peaceful. That is unlike Waters, who wanted to see more violence and destruction. At the elections she also told people to harass Trump's followers. So, I think Waters calls for violence is at least as disgusting as Trump's but probably more.
How can the Democrats keep such a hate monger in their party and why are they such hypocrites (seeing only right violence but sweeping left violence under the rug)?

You are moving the goalposts again. Trump cannot be hold responsible for the long history of bad cops, shooting and harassing people in the USA.

If at all, people like Waters should be blamed. She is part of the system for many decades. She and her husband profited from that system quite a lot, unlike the people she is supposed to govern. Also, anyone who opposed the left is nowadays a racist or a fascist. These labels have no longer any meaning.

Wow.

Yes, if they use violence, destruction and oppression they indeed cross that line. Mob rule is ugly, evil and hurts the cause. Yes, we want less bad cops. But no one, in their right minds, wants (again) entire (black) neighbourhoods being destroyed for many months to come. So, whenever Democratic leaders make any suggestions that violence is allowed then I suggest that their mob destroy their own rich neighbourhoods. I bet that they'll call the police immediately.

I've heard enough.

Davin

Quote from: Tom62 on April 25, 2021, 07:49:08 AM

To be clear, Trump asked his mob to be peaceful exactly one times, while the rest of it was talking about taking things back, marching on the capital, fighting, and war. All mentioned far more times than the one peaceful comment. It's odd that the one mention of peace outweighs the entire rest of the rhetoric for you, maybe you need to see why you're biased that way.

Quote from: Tom62

Trump changed the DOJ policy of overseeing police departments that Obama had instated, so while he can't be held for the long history, it would be niave to not hold him responsible for his part and the increase in police behaving badly in the four years he was in power.

Sure there are some crazy people, but in general, most of the people that oppose the left nowadays are racist and fascist, I mean the talking heads and leaders, and only basing the judgment on what they themselves say and do that tends to be racist and fascist. It's like people can't accurately describe a person these days without being criticized for taking away the meaning of the terms. And also... I mean, you did just compare someone speaking against racism and injustice to Nazis. So you don't exactly have a leg to stand on trying to decry people for removing the meaning of labels.

Neither do all the wrongs committed by the police every day.

Wow.

"[...]if they use violence, destruction and oppression they indeed cross that line."
Like the police are doing every day, got it. The Police are exactly like Nazi Germany according to your metrics. Excellent work. That surely doesn't make the term "Nazi" less meaningful...

When a democrat says, "get more confrontational." it's suggesting violence is OK. But when Trump talks for an hour about marching on the capital and fighting and taking control and war, but says "peaceful" exactly once, it's just fine. I think this is a clear textbook example of bias. So thank you for that, this is exactly what an irrational bias looks like.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.