News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

The Thinking Atheist Forum's Refugees

Started by Dark Lightning, October 13, 2018, 04:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Dark Lightning on October 15, 2018, 12:49:04 AM
There were a bunch from Oz. It would appear that there is a new forum called atheistdiscussion.org formed by some of the old members. Still, I followed Dave here, so others could also be branching out.
Hello Dark Lightning, from beautiful Southern California.
:secrets1: That's were I live. It's nice to meet you.
Anyone who knew Dave is a friend of mine.
:beer:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Magdalena on March 23, 2019, 02:42:57 AM
There were a bunch from Oz. It would appear that there is a new forum called atheistdiscussion.org formed by some of the old members. Still, I followed Dave here, so others could also be branching out.

:thumbsup: A lot of people slam California, but I've lived other places and prefer here. Dave and I met at TTA and also conversed to some extent at AF.org before he landed here. It was the viciousness that he didn't care for. I wish I had joined here sooner, but I was spread pretty thin at that time. Dave was a really good guy. I liked him. Can't say that for a lot of people I meet on the WWW. Seems like a lot of them go out of their way to be pests.  :???:

Magdalena

Quote from: Dark Lightning on March 25, 2019, 03:13:41 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on March 23, 2019, 02:42:57 AM

:thumbsup: A lot of people slam California, but I've lived other places and prefer here.
Me too.

Dave and I met at TTA and also conversed to some extent at AF.org before he landed here. It was the viciousness that he didn't care for. I wish I had joined here sooner, but I was spread pretty thin at that time. Dave was a really good guy. I liked him. Can't say that for a lot of people I meet on the WWW. Seems like a lot of them go out of their way to be pests.  :???:
This is the only forum I've known since 2010. I've tried leaving, going somewhere else, but I like it here. Not too much drama. Some people don't like that. I think someone complaint one time about that. I think they said it was 'sterile'.  :shrug: I'm not sure if that's a bad thing or a good thing. I don't see anything wrong with that. There's plenty of places on the internet where one can go 'contaminate'...if you're into that sort of thing. Tank has a big hammer here, and he's not afraid to use it, he likes it 'clean' around here.  :cleaning: :sweeping:
:grin:

Anyways, Dave. Yes, good guy, I liked him too. I think about him every now and then. He became an inspiration: "What would Dave do?"  :notsure: "What would Dave say?"
;)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

I'm fine with it being "sociable". It's just incredible how people will treat each other when they can hide behind a monitor. Can't disagree without going bonkers and hateful? Really?

Watching trolls get the ban hammer is always fun. I've seen people troll forums for years before finally getting the hammer.

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on March 26, 2019, 02:09:38 PM
I'm fine with it being "sociable". It's just incredible how people will treat each other when they can hide behind a monitor. Can't disagree without going bonkers and hateful? Really?

Watching trolls get the ban hammer is always fun. I've seen people troll forums for years before finally getting the hammer.

I do have a tendency to splat first and ask questions later.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Dark Lightning on March 26, 2019, 02:09:38 PM

Ah, yes, the internet...
This video reminds me of the internet, and Dave, making his way across the universe.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=UXE1C--WezU
  :(

Caliasseia

Oooh, another butterfly. Oh good.

Now all I need is another 22 to form a properly constituted bomber squadron. ;)
Bad ideas exist to be destroyed ...

Magdalena

Quote from: Caliasseia on March 29, 2019, 02:52:40 AM
Oooh, another butterfly. Oh good.

Now all I need is another 22 to form a properly constituted bomber squadron. ;)

I'm not into bombing or squadrons.

:levitate:

:grin:

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Magdalena on March 29, 2019, 05:51:41 AM

But butterfly squadron wouldn't use the usual ordnance.

There was grabs from the Christchurch memorial service on the radio

Two daughters, one said "my father was a good man" I don't think the other said much.

I think the butterflies could be tasked to deliver "my father was a good man" whenever, wherever the pro gun fucks gather.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Bad Penny II on March 29, 2019, 12:14:21 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on March 29, 2019, 05:51:41 AM

But butterfly squadron wouldn't use the usual ordnance.

There was grabs from the Christchurch memorial service on the radio

Two daughters, one said "my father was a good man" I don't think the other said much.

I think the butterflies could be tasked to deliver "my father was a good man" whenever, wherever the pro gun fucks gather.
True.